chapter - 10

Hey my sweethearts❤
How r u all hope u all r doing fine
M sry for keeping u all waiting for an long time

Now no more talks just go ahead & read d next chapter of ur fav The Demon's Kiss.
I just hope u all love d update plzz do comment & vote guyz let me know ur views about it.

Lastly i love u all soo much😘

(Nandini's POV)

   I couldn't concentrate at all in class. All I could think about was that flashback of my past life. I found myself shocked at how childish my behavior was there. Navya tapped on the shoulder and asked me what the matter was. I just shook my head and continued to take down notes. 

   I didn't even want to walk home. Last time I did that, I had run into him. Not again Nandu. I decided to let my health-conscious self go for a while and went home with Navya on her scooter. 

"You're acting funny nowadays Nandu. Seriously, what's the matter?" She asked, perplexed.

"It's nothing serious Navya. Just stress." I said. 

"Just making sure. You're not acting like yourself since the past few days." 

   I went straight to my room to take a nice warm shower. I really needed one. I opened the door to my room and almost shouted. He was lying across my bed, bare chested, and playing with the rose in his fingers. He was getting real creepy. 

"Do you mind?! There's a thing called privacy!" I yelled at him. Luckily Navya had drowned herself in some loud punk rock music, so she couldn't hear me. I shut the door hard behind me. "If you think being a creep is going to make me fall in over with you again, then you are wrong!" I said.

"Me? A creep?" He laughed. Then he approached and circled around me. "Then how should I go about making you fall for me again?" He seized me by the waist. My heartbeat quickened again.

"I...you...just stop...stop pestering me right now." I said. But he didn't listen. 

"Your heart wants otherwise." He said. I lost control over myself again, and found him lingering near my neck, where he soon left a wet kiss. And I liked it for some reason, I was so shameless. 

"You can't win my heart so easily. I might have been naive before, but not now." I said. "Not to mention you want to possess my soul." That was the most freaky part. 

"I tried and failed, love. Had it have been successful, we would've been together for eternity by now. You would've been bound to me, making it so that no one could separate us." 

"Why? Why me? Why not some other girl?" 

"Because you are the only one who made me experience this emotion called love." He said. "I never want you to leave my side. These 200 years chained in hell was nothing compared to how much I missed you, how much I wanted you near me." 

   That silenced me. He didn't do much except hold me in his arms. Who knew that a demon could fall in love as well? These supernatural creatures seemed completely bogus and made up. I didn't believe it until that night. 

"Why are you so quiet, love?" He caressed my cheek with his fingers. 

"No reason. Can you leave now? Please?" I had finally been polite to him. 

"Alright. And I won't bother you as much now. I can see I'm irritating to you." He said. He let go of my waist and tucked the shimmering rose into my hair. I felt bad, and also felt a little crazy. 

"Good night, my beautiful princess." He said with that he kissed my forehead & As usual he vanished into thin air. 

   I stood there silent for a few minutes, wondering what the heck was happening to me, in just a short span of time. I turned to look in the mirror, especially at the rose. It glowed a bright red in the dark room, with tinges of deep crimson red. It matched his eye color. 

   His eyes...I could see them everywhere. I felt like I was hallucinating. They made such a mark on me that I couldn't ignore it. I decided to join Navya, who was now watching a movie. 

"Hey Nandu. Didn't take your shower?" She looked confused. I looked down at myself, realizing that I had, in fact, forgotten to take my shower.

"I...uh...decided not to. Besides, I rather watch the movie with you." I deviated off topic. "Where's the popcorn?" I asked. 

"In the microwave. Just popped it in a few seconds ago." I nodded and plopped down on the couch. An action movie was playing. 

   I tried to watch the movie, but I was focused on Manik. I was staring blankly at one spot on the screen. I could feel his touches and kisses all over me. I rubbed my hand on my neck uncomfortably. I fell back and snuggled with a soft throw pillow, trying my best to keep him out of my head but cant help he is always in my thoughts.

(Manik's POV)

   I picked up the necklace that I snatched from her drawer in my hand. I had to try again. I had to mark my claim on her soul. No one, not even her soulmate could take it for themselves. She was my mate. I would protect her no matter what got in my way. 

"Once you fall for me once again, I will succeed in making you mine for the rest of eternity." I said to myself, dangling the necklace in front of my face. I was reminded of how fond she was of it. It was her favorite necklace. 

   I then realized that master wouldn't be so happy with my decision. He had punished me for falling for a human. But this time he wouldn't break me with a threat of hurting her, instead he would do worse. He had warned me. 

(Flashback) 

"Manik, I'm letting you go back to the mortal world. But mind this, if you ever made relations with them, especially that girl...then you will have to face the consequences. And they will be extremely grave." 

"What more can you do to punish me?" He said, laughing a little. 

"We will kill her. And not just that, we'll make sure that her soul is never reborn. It will be locked away, far away from you." He said. Manik snarled. Dare anyone touch his beloved. 

(End of flashback..)

   I had to do my work quick. Once her soul was bound to me, they couldn't take her. She would live as an immortal under my protection. I laughed to myself. Master thought he was smart enough, but I was far ahead of him. I was too powerful for him, and he knew that. If only he didn't surround himself with his cronies, I would've taken him down already. 

   I ventured to her house and watched her from a distance. She was watching a movie with her friend. She looked so happy and cheerful. I missed that ethereal smile of hers. I vowed to myself that I would do everything in my power to protect her and give her the happiest life she could imagine. I would love her like no other. I love u soo much Princess u are my everything & u will soon realize it. My cute innocent princess.

Yayy done with update.. Do comment