part 5

Still in flashback...)
(Nandini's POV)

   The ball was soon over. I was sad, because that meant he would leave. His name was Manik. I felt like we would meet many times in our lifetime. I laid in bed, twirling the rose in my fingers. My mind wandered on him only. No man had ever danced with me with such grace and elegance as he did. His touch set my body and heart on fire. Those piercing red eyes haunted my dreams. They were mysterious and dark. He didn't seem ordinary. I wanted to know more about him.

   I dozed off in those thoughts. I saw myself dancing with him once again in my dream, only the difference was that we didn't have any masks to cover our faces. I saw his handsome face and his dimpled smile. The music played continuously. I felt like I was awake, not in a dream, and he was in front of me. A scene from the ball was in focus.

"I never asked you your name..." I said to him.

"Manik...." He said. I blushed at the sound of his voice. "And you?"

"Nandini..." I said.

"Beautiful...a perfect name for a beautiful angel like you." He said.

   My wonderful dream broke to the sound of my window flying open. I woke up with a jolt. I looked around. It was just the wind. I got up and closed the window tight. I took a peek outside...hoping to catch a glimpse of him out in the forest. No one was there. Disappointed, I drew the curtains and went back to bed.

(Early Morning...)

   I bathed early and put on one of my comfortable dresses I had. I snuck out of the palace and ventured out into the forest. I wanted to see if those pair of red eyes did belong to him. I brought a small dagger with me just in case I was in danger. I took careful steps into the dark forest.

   I shuddered at any unusual sound that I heard nearby. I started to regret my decision. I hadn't found any luck either. I began to turn back, when suddenly I was confronted by a man. He looked dangerous, and he gave me inappropriate looks.

"Well what do we have here? The princess wandering in the forest..." He then eyed my pendant. It was my favorite pendant, made from an oval shaped red ruby and a silver finishing. I clutched it in my hand and took out the dagger from its sheath. He laughed and twisted my wrist as I prepared to defend myself. I shrieked in pain. He snatched my dagger away from me and pinned me against the tree, the dagger at my throat.

"I won't hesitate to kill you princess...don't scream." He said.

   I couldn't move. The dagger began to cut into my throat. My breaths quickened. All of a sudden, he let go of me, and he was clutching his chest. A dark shadow formed onto his chest. He fell to his knees, shrieking in pain. Behind him stood Manik. His piecing crimson eyes blazed in fury in the darkness. His hand was out, his fingers moving in such motions, as if he was crushing something. As his fingers curled inwards, the man's shrieks grew louder and more painful. Blood oozed out from his chest, where the shadow resided. I gasped and took a step back.

"How dare you touch her!" He roared. The man struggled to breath, his face full of fear.

   His fingers formed a fist, and right at that moment, the man succumbed to death. The body disappeared slowly, the shadow had enveloped and disintegrated it. I took support against the tree. Manik approached me.

"You shouldn't have come out here princess." He said.

   I had lost the ability to form words with my mouth. I was shocked. He killed that man without even touching him. My hands were shaking.

"What are you?" I said. "How did you do that?"

   He came closer to me, and touched my neck with his hand, right where the dagger cut me. I suddenly felt a strong heat against that spot. The slight pain vanished. He watched me closely.

"It's better that you shouldn't know. It's not the right time." He said. He looked into my eyes and immediately vanished into the darkness. I was left alone. I grabbed my dagger from the ground and left before I got caught by mother.

(Manik's POV)

   Her innocent mind was full of questions. Questions that I wanted to answer. But now was not the time. I had to make her completely mine before I did so.

   I found her in the palace gardens today. She was chatting with a few other girls. I found a guard standing nearby the large white gazebo she was sitting under. I was only visible to her, only she knew of my existence. I strode around her. My name formed silently on her lips with a smile. I stepped behind her and gently stroked her hair. Her body shivered to my touch. I heard her thoughts. She was confused on why the others didn't take notice of me. Then she pushed that idea out of her head, thinking that she was daydreaming. Her friends looked at her strangely.

"Nandini, what are you looking at?" They asked curiously.

"Nothing." She blushed. I was mesmerized by her beautiful complexion.

   Then I heard the sound of a few horses trotting into the palace gates. They pulled a decorate carriage along with it. I vanished from there, watching a maid calling out to Nandini. I watched her run inside, her feet softly touching the ground.

   I went behind her once she was well in distance. I entered the palace into the throne room, where everyone was present. A man, who looked like royalty as well, was present before him. Nandini was standing next to her mother, taking handfuls of her dress and looking towards the ground.

"Dear, I would like that you and Prince Harshad talk in private. It's better that you both get acquainted before the wedding."

"Yes father." She said. I saw a small tear roll down her cheek. She quickly wiped it and slowly followed the two men elsewhere. I went behind them.

   I watched this prince closely. He didn't seem right. He looked like a sly and cunning figure. My gaze shifted to Nandini, who was standing on the balcony, facing the land. She was silent, only answering questions that the prince asked her. I could sense her pain. She clearly was getting forced into this marriage. I soon left from there, wanting to leave her alone for now. I would see her tonight.

(At night...)
(Nandini's POV)

   I changed into my night gown and placed the rose in the new vase I had made. It hadn't withered yet, as if some kind of magic prevented it from dying. I thought about my meeting with Prince Harshad. My dislike for him grew bigger each day, but I couldn't refuse to marry him. My father's reputation was on the line. I trudged to the mirror with heavy heart. I began to comb my hair when suddenly I felt a cold sensation on my shoulder.

"Nandini..." It was his voice. But I couldn't see him in the mirror. I whirled around.

   There he was standing. He was wearing full black, the deep neckline exposing his perfectly chiseled chest. He gave me a small smirk.

"How did you get in here Manik?" I asked.

"Didn't I tell you Nandini...you will know the answers to your question at a due time."

"But..." He put his finger to my lips.

"Shhh.." He said.

(Manik's POV)

   She was looking more beautiful than ever. My hand went to her cheek, caressing it gently with my fingers. She shuddered again. I wanted her all to myself.  I pecked on her forhead No one else could have this precious beauty. She was only mine. I brought her lips up to mine and placed a soft kiss on them. She kissed me back. I then heard a knock on the door. Someone was here.

"I must leave...but I will be back soon." I whispered to her. She nodded, the smile returned to her face.

"I'll be waiting." She said.

Hope u all love it
Waiting for ur  comments
& sry for late post sweethearts...
& yeaahhhh💃💃💃💃 dis story is on 12th place in vampire....

Thanks for an beautiful cover @professionals_love_ 😍😍😍