chapter - 11

(Nandini's POV) 

   I was forced to walk home from class today as Navya was getting her scooter fixed today. The damn thing broke down  at the worst time ever. It was getting dark and cold. Every rustle in the forest nearby freaked me out. I clutched the books close to my chest and kept walking, praying that I would reach home soon. 

   I passed a group of young guys who seemed slightly drunk. They cast lustful glances at me and whistles. I began to walk faster. They began to follow me. My breathing and pulse became quick and I began to panic.

"Hey beautiful, where are you going?" One called. He sounded relatively sober. I kept walking.

   I decided to bolt when I got a safe distance away from them. I picked up my pace and began to run. They ran as well. I jumped down into the forest nearby, running and hiding as they all searched for me. I thought they had ran past me eventually, but one was hanging around in close proximity. I ran into him, not realizing it, and he seized me by the wrist, taking out a pocket knife and flipping it open. 

"Let's have some fun shall we?" He sneered, dragging the blade across my arm. I shrieked in pain. Blood was gushing out, weakening me slowly. I tried to free myself, but his grip only got tighter. I then yelled at the top of my lungs, the name of that person who I would have never called before.

"Manik!" I screamed. My clothes were getting torn in the struggle and by that man himself. No...It can't end like this...

(Manik's POV)

   I heard her screams loud and clear. I travelled to where she was. I could sense her from anywhere. No one would be spared. Absolutely no one. I would destroy them. How dare they even touch my princess.

   I appeared from the thick shadows in front of her. She was holding herself, covering her bare skin with the torn cloth of her garments. A large gash extended towards the lengths of her arm and she was crying profusely. Until she saw me. 

   The man in front of her was wielding a knife. I touched my hand on his back and began to exert my control over his body. There was no need to possess him completely. I made myself visible to him. 

"You touched my beloved, time to die." I said into his ear. He tried to turn around, but I kept him from in his place, paralyzed. "No one could dare touch her while I'm in her life." I hissed. Fear arose in the form of his quickened heartbeat and breaths. 

   I started by making him cut himself. He screamed as he tried to regain control of his arm. 

"That's nothing. Wait till the real fun begins." I smirked, standing in front of him. His eyes grew wide in fear as he stared into mine. I crushed each bone slowly, watching his face contort and hearing his painful cries. Nandini covered her ears in disgust and closed her eyes. Each bone broke with a loud snap. Blood was oozing from his entire body, his pulse so fast that the blood flowed quickly out of his system. I contorted my fingers, to stop his heart from beating. The shadow trapped his heart, the same shadow which I was controlling. 

" finale." I said. I sparked a small flame in the center of my palm. Waving my hand over him, his body caught on fire, the flames consuming him within minutes. The wind blew the ash away. 

   I turned to nandini, who was cowered in fear and disgust. Dried tears and blood stained her beautiful features. I kneeled down next to her and took her cut arm. Her breathing was shallow and her eyes fluttered, fighting the incoming unconsciousness. I healed every inch of the wound. She had lost a lot of blood in the process. I placed my hand over her heart and transferred my energy to her. In no time, her breathing returned to normal and she could open her eyes. Her lost blood would be replaced in no time. 

"Manik...you...you..." I placed my finger over her lips. 

"Shhh...you're weak, love. Don't speak." I said. It was the first time I heard her say my name willingly. I picked her up and held her against my chest. I took her home, holding her tight to make sure she was still with me. 

   We arrived in her bedroom. I carried to her bed and tucked her in the covers & put her to sleep. I turned to leave out the window when suddenly I felt her hand still holding tightly to mine. It brought a small smile to my face. She was getting attached to me again. I kneeled down in front of her and kissed her forehead & peck on lips

"I'm always here to protect you, always here to love you. No matter what I am, my love for you will never diminish." 

   I tucked the red rose under her resting palm. After admiring her beauty for just a moment, I left from there. 

(Nandu's POV)

   I woke up to find the rose tucked neatly under my hand. I felt much better from last night. I remembered manik saving my life. Just like before, only a little more brutal. But he did save me. I was surprised with my own behavior. He was the first one I remembered in my crisis. It was like I already knew that he would always be there to protect me. I saw how enraged he was when he saw me in that state, because of that man. 

   My hand went to my lips. His taste lingered there still. I brushed my hair back and twirled the rose in my fingers. It glowed brightly only when I touched it. I brought it to my nose and inhaled its sweet scent. 

   My quiet moment was interrupted when navya opened the door and walked towards me. She looked confused and embarrassed. 

"What's wrong navya ?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just making sure you were okay. You were talking very loudly in your sleep last night." She said, trying to suppress a laugh.

"What? What was I saying?" I hoped and prayed I didn't say anything I shouldn't have.

"You were calling Manik. You know that guy, at the party..." She paused. "Something like asking him to stay with you..." Then she scratched her head. "I don't know what else. I was so exhausted and confused that I didn't even make the effort to see what you were blabbering about." 

"Oh...ummm..." I said, biting my lip. 

"You must be confused as I am. Oh well, let's just move on and get on with our day." She pulled me out of bed.

   I rubbed my sleepy eyes and got ready. Navya and I had planned a day at the park today, as it was going to be sunny after a while. I put on my best spring dress and flats. 

"Let's go Navya!" I called. She hobbled over on one foot, trying to put her shoe on the other. 

"I'm coming! Hold on!" She said. 

   We reached the park shortly after. It was a nice sunny day, odd but wonderful in the wintertime. Navya went to go buy some ice cream nearby. Meanwhile, I took a seat on the bench overlooking a vast pond. In front of me was a a couple. They looked so deep in love, teasing each other and cuddling. I smiled to myself, seeing them. 

"We were just like that, remember?" A voice said behind me. I jumped, startled. Manik was standing behind me. And this time he was visible to everyone. How did I know? Navya had come back with the ice cream and said:

"Hi Mr. Malhotra!"

"Oh please...call me Manik.." He said, smiling at me.

Soo here's the update guyss !
Hope u all like it plz do comments & vote.

& sry for d small chapters will surely try to give an big update vaise m thinking to end this story in 4 to 5 chapter

Let me know how u find this chapter !