Chapter 5

I looked at the clock I have by my bed ~10:34~ My dad was probably home by now so I decided to go to sleep.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP* My alarm clock went off at 6:30. I clicked the off button and got out of bed. After I took a shower, did my make up and hair, I got dressed in blue shirt that said love and pink shorts. Now 7:20 am I grabbed my backpack, left my house and walked to school.

SCHOOL Finally the bell rang for lunch. I was in the hallway putting the books I didn't need back in my locker when Kyle came up to me "Are you coming to lunch?"

"You think I would skip lunch? Are you crazy?" I said as Kyle started laughing "Well lets GOO!" Kyle said pulling me in the direction of the lunch room. We walked in and sat with some of Kyle's friends. Since Kyle was my only real friend I always sat with him at lunch.

Kyle and his friends started talking to each other about some girl named Emily. They were saying stuff like "She's hot" Of course they would. She is the most popular girl in school. Why do I care what they think? I thought to myself.

I was sitting there quietly on my phone looking at facebook when I got a text from Brooke saying "I need help" "With what??" I said back. She sent me a picture of 2 prom dresses one was a light blue sparkly at the top and kinda flowed at the bottom then another one that looked the same but purple. "I don't know which one I should wear to prom" "do the blue one. Its really pretty" Of course prom is next week and nobody asked me to go yet. Brooke is going with her boyfriend that goes to my school, since shes moving back on Sunday she should be able to come to prom. "Okay thanks Skye :)"

After I was done texting Brooke I felt a leg start rubbing on mine.. I looked up to see who was sitting in front of me and it was Kyle's friend Jake. Jake is a football player, He's about 6'0" and really buff. Me Being 103 pounds and 5'1", I look tiny next to him. When I looked up he started smiling. 'Oh god what do I do?' i thought to myself. I didn't have money to buy food so since I wasen't eating anything I got up and told Kyle I'm going to get something out of my locker. He nodded and kept talking to his friends. Of course Kyle said he can buy me lunch but I just said I'm not hungry. I didn't want him to think he had to take care of me.

Once I got out in the hallway about 3 minutes later the bell rang, then Kyle walked up to me. "Are you ready to go to history class" "yeah" I said.

Me and Kyle walked in History class and sat down pulling out my phone texting Kyle, even though he was right next to me. "Hey gurlll" Kyle texted me

"Hey guyyy"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Anything"

"How is everything with your dad? By 'everything' I mean are you 2 happy? You know Without your mom and brother being here?"

"Kyle, why are you asking?"

"Because I care about you"

"We're fine"

"Ok. But Skye I know that you told me you think he use to be abusive to your mom.. If he ever does that to you please tell me."

"I will."

"I think we should pay attention to history now"

"Yeah learn something for once you dumb bimbo (: P.S I'm jk"

"P.S I know smart ass :)" I looked up at Kyle when he texted me that and we both smiled then looked towards the teacher.

AFTER SCHOOL Once the bell rang for us to go home Kyle asked me if I wanted to go over to his house after school but I had to say no because my dad usally gets pissed off when I don't come home after school on Friday.

As I was walking home I herd a car come up next to me. I looked down at the concrete hoping it would go away but it stoped right next to me. I looked up and saw Jake. "Hey do you need a ride home?" Jake said "No thanks. I can walk" I said with a small smile. I've always had a crush on Jake but I've only told Brooke and I know Jake would never like a girl like me. "Are you sure?" "Yeah Thank you though" As he drove off I kept looking down. I didn't want anyone to see the bruse on my face that I had covered with makeup but it kinda smeard off after gym.

Once I got home I walked in and my dad was sitting on the couch watching TV "Hi daddy" I said walking up the stairs "STOP" He said in a pretty calm but firm way. "Yes Daddy?" "Cover up that bruse on your face." "Okay daddy" I said walking up the rest of the stairs.

Once I got to my room I went Into my bathroom to cover up the bruse with make up. After I got it all coverd up I walked into my room again, and sat on my bed doing homework.

After about 10 minutes of math homework Kyle called "hey Skye!". "Hey what's up?" "Not much. I need you to come over to my house in 45 minutes please"

"why?"

"Oh, well it's a surprise. Just please come?"

"I don't think my dad will let me"

"can you go ask him please? Sorry I just really want you to come over at 7."

"Okay I'll be right back I'm gonna go ask him"

I said leaving the phone on my bed.

I pretty much ran downstairs not on purpose I was just really exited because I love surprises but I doubt my dad will let me go. After 10 seconds of running down the stairs I got to the living room where my dad was watching TV. "Hey daddy can I ask you something?"

"Depends, what is it about?"

"I wanna go to a friend's house please"

"Who is the friend?" He said with a angry tone.

"It's Kyle"

"Then No. I don't want you at a boy's house." I knew he was gonna say something like that. I don't even know why I got my hopes up.

"Please? I won't be long maybe 30 minutes?"

"You can go for 20 minutes."

"Thank you daddy" I said walking out of the living room. Pretty much running up the stairs like a maniac, I tripped on the last step. "Crap" I said in a low voice. I got up with a pain in my ankle knowing Kyle was waiting, I man upped and walked to my room.

I walked slowly over to my bed where my phone was "hello?" "You're back finally" Kyle said jokingly.

"Yupp my dad said I can go for 20 minutes"

"Oh I was planning on you staying longer"

"I might but i'll probably get in trouble or something"

"Ok get ready please"

"Okay bye I'll be at your house in like 10 minutes"

"Alright bye" Kyle said before the line went dead. I pushed myself off my bed still having a little pain in my ankle I walked slowly to my bathroom.

Once I got in there I turned on the shower then went into my closet, got a black V-neck, and red short shorts.

After my 10 minute shower I got dressed in my v-neck and shorts.

I put on some light makeup over the bruise on my face then put my long brown hair into a side braid to the right just incase my makeup smeared off again. I walked in to my bed room, grabbed my iPhone then put on my red vans that are from 2 years ago so as you can imagine they are torn up a bit.