Chapter Four: Home

"Is this door an illusion or something?"

"It's something"

"What is it?"

"It's....a broken door."

I scoffed and turned around raising both my hands behind my head, staring up at the dark-covered skies, "Look.....I don't know much about what had happened earlier and I am pretty sure you've seen it all-"

"Which I did!" She added.

"-Look the point is, how do I make this all go away, I mean if we all had these unique abilities of our own then surely there's got to be someone who has the ability to turn back time." I explained heavily.

"Maybe. Maybe so or maybe not, but I guarantee there might not be one but it is possible. I mean after all, I've never heard of a vampire who can harness the power of the sun and let alone walk in the sun unscathed. I mean you're practically an angel with halo that appears, which got me wondering, what gives?" 

"You make it sound like I know the answers when I just found out about the problem a few minutes ago, Kiora. I think your braces were screwed on too tight." I snapped, turning back at her.

"Sheesh, shorry I was just asking."

"Anyways why are we standing in front of a broken door when there's nothing there!" I ranted.

"Because this is where I died...."

"Oh....." A feeling of guilt presided over me as we both stared at the broken door in the middle of an alleyway. "I am....terribly sorry."

"....my hair." She continued.

"You monster"

She giggled and began walking away. We started to head deeper into the alleyway and found ourselves in front of a chalked-written door.

"Now, this is Wonderland." Kiora pushed the drawing of the door inwards as it slid to the side, and behind it was a trail of rose bushes that led to a giant mansion.

"Come on, we're off to see the master."

As we entered the other side, Kiora quickly sped us forward to the front of the mansions entrance, the doors opened automatically and she grabbed my hand pulled me in.

"Welcome to The Asylum, where the so called 'monsters' are being kept."

"I see we have a new guest in my abode, Kiora." A voice called from above.

"Yup, his name is...is..."

"Ronan" I whispered.

"Rowen" She shouted confidently. 

I smacked my hand in my face and shook my head in disappointment, "It's Ronan you dunce."

"Same thing"   

"Ah I see, welcome Roman to my home." A tall man appeared in front of us from the shadows instantly, "I am Monsieur Cullden von Shepherd of the Betreeyale Clan. I take it Kiora was great company and bringing you here must mean she trusts you. Might I ask why?"

I hesitated, "Well first of all, my name is not Rowen or Roman, it's Ronan and secondly, I-I can-" I stuttered.

"He can produce light from his hands which has the same intensity as the sun and has a halo just for dramatic effect, I call him the Angelic Vampire who likes to show off and-and he's also a newbie." Kiora enthusiastically lied for me.

"Is this true?" The man asked politely.

"Yes" I answered swiftly and firmly. 

"Hmm it's been eons since I've last heard of someone who can produce light capabilities; I think you'll make a fine addition here in the House of Betreeyale. Come let us get acquainted and Kiora will set up a room for you." 

Kiora bowed before leaving me with Cullden. 

"So, a newbie are you, have you adjusted to your vampire side yet?" 

"Nope, I just found out I was a vampire about a few minutes ago, I don't exactly remember how it all happened though."

"Hmph, is that so, well you'll figure it out, it's a vampires nature to adjust to their new found abilities. I say give it a day or two you'll be in control in no time. After all we were born, or created, with the basic natural instincts to survive in this world, the only downfall is we must be able to tame these predacious instincts or urges I mean, otherwise things could get messy. Say, where were you born from?" He asked, generously.

Cullden is about six-feet-tall, he has a light German accent, and dons a large coat. He seems to be from the Victorian era still donning that look to him. He has a very slick, and perfectly combed jet black hair, brown eyes, pale skin, and appears to be around his mid-forties.

"I was born in Los Shaman, Texas."

"No that's your human birth; I mean your vampiric birth, the place where you were bitten." He suggested, we both made our way towards a room. He had me sitting in one seat as he sat behind a table, I think this must be his office of some sorts and is interviewing me.

"Um, Los Shaman's only Cathedral church, The Santa de Maria Amor Church. My family and everyone I knew there were attacked and I was one of the victims, then before I knew it everyone was burned alive and died right before my eyes." I explained, holding back any tears or anger I had.

"Ah, very well since you obviously have no one else, you are welcome to stay with us. Now I'm sure you'll find the residents quite.....alarming, so be sure to introduce yourself and you are welcome to visit me anytime. Kiora!" Cullden called out.

"Yes Monsieur Cullden?"

"You may take him and show him around."

"Very well, come on Rowen let me make you feel right at home."

Kiora and I began walking throughout the mansion, exploring every inch of it until we finally arrived at the room reserved for me.

"I'm glad you'll be shtaying with us, Rowen. I'll be in the room down the hall if you need me for anything, and I mean it, AN-Y-THA-NG!" 

"Um....bye" I closed the door.

I leaned against the door and sighed, "So, my new home?"