Chapter Six: House

As Kiora explained her attempt at an excuse, Torra literally "grounded" her in the backyard as it seems manipulating Earth is Torra's unique ability. He paid little to no attention towards me and the kitchen just got awkwardly silent after that.

He left after his watch started beeping. "Oh don't worry hon he's not always like that, the little grump is always mean to newbies who he deems worthless, not to mention bad timing." Jolliette said, comforting.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well you see, don't tell him I told you but he use to date a vampire recently and he broke his heart, I guess seeing another male vampire just brought back some painful memories. He'll get over it eventually, I mean when he does you'll get to meet the real him, the happy, peppy, so full of gayness....that's also literal too."

"But isn't Headmaster Cullden a male vampire too?"

".....umm that's none of my business...but between you and me, Headmaster Cullden is actually a woman. See don't tell her I mean him I told you that." Jolliette may seem a bit dangerous for some reason but she sure loves to gossip.

"Oh....."

"Yup, so you better hush now ya hear me." She said with her charming Southern accent and attitude were a perfect match to her uplifting personality.

"So how long will she be grounded out there?"

"Until Torra gets back, he's usually gone the entire day, heck sometimes even a week but she'll be fine....sometimes."

"Hey Ronan, Ronan, yoohoo could you please bring me a nice warm cuppa tea, it's freezing out here." Kiora called out from the open backdoor of the backyard.

"Wait vampires can feel the cold?" I exclaim as Jolliette rotated and presented me with Kiora's tea, "Nope she's still trying to maintain some humanity in her, now go give this to her and meet us in the Grave Tunnel later, Kiora will bring you. Now take this and skedaddle."

I entered the backyard and gave a supposedly freezing Kiora her tea. I sat with her to keep her company until Torra finally arrived a few minutes later.

"Kiora!" Torra called out, "Show him the Grave Tunnels immediately."

"Roger Rabbit." She said, saluting after being brought out of the ground. We began walking towards an unusual chalk wall drawn on the side of the mansion.

"So what's with this "Grave Tunnel" everyone seems eager to care so much about?"

"Well you see, you're new here and each of us is under Headmasters protection, unfortunately we must be separated in houses in order to prevent anything from happening. Each of us, except me, has formed a team which is why I ran away and accidentally meeting you. You are given a choice to select which team you are going to be on, there's Edmon's team of nerds, Lulvan's team of sexy naked warriors, Jolliette's team of enchanters, Torra's team of guardians, and lastly Veloci's team of assassins. Basically you are living in a house filled with Alphas. I didn't want to become an undermember so Headmaster just kept me around, still there is a war going on and inevitably I must choose a team to join otherwise I'll be "Kicked Out" if you know what I mean." She explained, depressingly.

"Oh, sorry....so Headmaster lets the Alphas live in his mansion and where does the team sleep at?"

"Below the mansion, I haven't showed you that part yet which is why we are going to the Grave Tunnel, it'll lead us to the underground dormitories that you'll sleep in once you've chosen a house."

"So how does one create your own team or house?"

"House is another word for 'Team' here. You're all in this together. Anyways you defeat one of the five main leaders, meaning you'll have to defeat Edmon, Jolliette, Lulvan, Torra, or Veloci in order for Headmaster to approve you as a leader. But if you want to take that chance and get your butt kicked then be my guest."

"So this means the two of us will have to choose a house to join to?"

"Yup. Although we'll still be able to see each other I mean we'll both be shleeping in the underground dormitories so either way we're still insheparable." She grinned ear to ear.

"Five leaders to choose from, hmph"

"Well if you haven't notice by now but there are thirteen rooms, eleven are occupied with the exception of yours being used temporarily."

"And yours?"

"And mine as well."

"Wait so in total there are actually ten alphas living in the house?"

"Yup, the other four are off on a mission and I think one of them is back, Alcelsius, he's another hottie and also Atlantian, although I'm not exactly sure you'll fit in his team though, they mainly consist of Nautical Beings, so I am pretty sure you won't be accepted."

"Nautical Beings?"

"You must be a fish or someone who possesses water-related abilities. His team loosely consists of water beings or related to fish like mermaids and stuff. I don't think you'll fit because you might accidentally fry all his friends. Ohh fried fish.....yum."

After standing in front of the wall for a few minutes after Kiora explained, I quivered. She pushed the wall and an opening began to unravel, a bright yellowish light blazed through the entrance and we entered.

We waltzed through a tunnel that lived up to its name, skeleton bones and coffins decorated the tunnel, with lit candles on top of craniums and crosses with numbers on them which seems to lead to the end of the tunnel.

Nearing the end of the tunnel, the light got brighter and brighter as we finally found ourselves standing in front of an altar.

There are thirteen symbols on the ground with each alpha standing in front of it, possibly their own since a shirtless Lulvan has a tattoo of the symbol on his back and facing towards us.

This is the part where I choose....