Drafted pt. 2

A/N: This novel will be ending shortly. I'm happy that those I you who've read have enjoyed it and been patient with my past due updates. Maybe there will be a second book about her children and their abilities, but as of right now, I'm just focused on finishing my other books. Till then enjoy! (Not edited)

____________________________

___________________

•Chapter 13: Drafted pt.2•

{Shawn}

I scratched at my head.

Ingrid's wolf charged forward, and lunged at Trevor. My brother yelped when her teeth snuck into his shoulder. He yelped, bucking wildly to throw her off.

Marvin's black fur blended well with the outline of the trees, he crept up on them slowly. While Ingrid was busy with Trevor, Marvin was takin the opportunity wisely. He nipped my mate's tail causing her to released Trevor from her death grip. She growled loudly and started for Marvin.

"Bet it's going to end just like the first few fights," Jeremy laughed, hunched over on the bench with my sister, Sherry, clinging tightly to him.

"You two take fighting dirty seriously," I smirked, keeping my eyes on Ingrid.

The twins were gurgling and cooing along with my mother and April. They watched the kids for the time being and the sake of training.

Marvin jumped at her making her leap back into Trevor's jaws. She yipped and scurried from him. With them hot on her tail she spun around suddenly.

I watched her closely.

She brought down a heavy paw on Trevor's shoulder, and slammed into Marvin. He flew onto his back. Ingrid circled him, baring her teeth, and growling menacingly.

Trevor scanned for an opening to rescue his brother or to lash out at Ingrid.

With shocking speed Ingrid lunged at Trevor. Bitting into his shoulder he yelped and tried pulling away.

Marvin was watching from a distance studying how to approach her.

Ingrid crunched down harder, bringing Trevor down to the damp grass. He whimpered in submission. She released him with a huff.

Turning her attention to Marvin, she licked her chaps in anticipation. Marvin stood his ground. The stare off was intense. A harsh winters wind blew through the field, ruffling Ingrid's russet fur.

We were holding a practice for Ingrid since she wasn't used to fighting more than one wolf, I seem it myself when she was attacked in the woods; our first time meeting and I was late out stopping them from touching her at all.

I cringed at the memory and continued to watch my brother and mate stare intensely at one another.

Marvin was the first to move. He charged at her with his teeth bared. Ingrid waited patiently, watching him closely.

Ingrid side stepped him, and bit at his tail. He yelped and scurried off to get away from her jaws. She cackled, and drew back.

Ingrid surprised us by trotting over to where I was perched. She brushed against my calf. I moved my hand through her fur, in which drawn a low purr from her. Circling around, Ingrid plopped down next to my foot panting.

"I wasn't done!" Marvin growled through the link.

Ingrid huffed, "Well I'm done with you and I'm parched. What's a girl got to do to get some water around here."

We all laughed.

"Ingrid," my father called for her as he stepped from inside the house. "Come here, dear."