Chapter 4

"Nicole!" my mother yells,"Wake up and get dressed! We leave in fifteen minutes!"

"Okay!" I yell back. I looked around my room. I unpacked a little bit last night. Mostly my electronics. I look at the clock on my nightstand. 8:00. Are you kidding me? Why do I need to get up so early. I want to sleep in since school starts tomorrow.

I get some sweatpants and a baggy shirt to wear. I throw my hair up into a mess bun and call it good. I brush my teeth and put my glasses on. I look at the makeup my mom has on the counter. Makeup is so gross. It feels nasty on my face. How do other girls wear it?

I head to the living room were everyone is waiting. "I'm ready," I said.

"Okay," mom says,"go get in the car."

"Can I ride with Todd?" I asked.

Mom looks at dad who looks at Todd. "I'm okay with it," Todd said. I smiled. I used to love ridding with Todd. I haven't in a long time. I missed it.

We got to a café and we ordered. As we ate mom asked Todd how college was and what he's going to do now that he was finished. I wasn't paying any attention. I was looking around the café at the other people here. They all looked nice but I was looking for Renea. She was interesting and I wanted to talk to her again. After a while mom and dad went back to Todd's but him and me went and she showed me around. There was a bookstore, I was gonna spend some time there, there was an ice cream shop, a park, and the best thing there was a McDonald's by the school.

"Do you know a girl named Renea?" I asked without thinking.

"What?" Todd asked. 

"I met this girl at a gas station and her name was Renea."

"What did she look like?"

"Well," I started," she was a little taller than me but not much. She had short hair. She was wearing black but also had color and made it work. She was creepy when she started talking to me but she was nice as she kept taking and I wanted to see her again."

"Do you know what grade she is going to be in?"

"She looked tall enough to be in high school but I don't know her grade."

"Well she may be at your school in the same class or higher."

I smiled. "I hope so."