Tall, Thin & Blonde // 2

Chapter 1; Undressing in Public

"But we always get cheeseburgers," I protested. "it's our tradition."

All summer long, Amy and I had come to the mall every Saturday after swimming. We always had lunch at the Schooner Cafe, which was out in the open, in the centre of the main plaza, and had a fountain that looked like an old whaling schooner. We always sat at a corner table, because if you say too close to the fountain you got wet. We always ordered the Whale of a Special - cheeseburgers, fries, onion rings, coleslaw and large sodas. After lunch, we'd walk around and check out the stores.

Amy made a face. "Oh, for God's sake, Valerie." She sighed. "It's not like it's written in a stone, is it? Amy Ford and and Valetie Kaliski have to have a cheeseburger every Saturday or they'll turn into toads. I can have whatever I want."

"Well, ofcourse you can," I said. I mean, what else could I say? it's not like I'm unreasonable or anything. It was just that Amy and I were so close that I guess I took it for granted that we always wanted the same things. And besides, we'd had such a great summer hanging out together that I didn't want it to end. That was not only our first year in high school, It was the first year since third grade that we weren't in the same class.

------------

Hope you liked this chapter!

Thank you for reading,

alright goodbye! :)