Untitled Part 4

When I got my schedule from the secretaries in the office to get my afternoon schedule, I was electrified to find out that I had my friend Gabriel was in almost all of the same classes as me. 

He has been my best friend, and close to only friend, since kindergarten. He was the best. But there is one fact about him that most people wouldn't guess from just looking at him. He's gay, and he sure does act like it too. 

So when I was at my locker getting my things and he showed up, we both cheered like we were part of the pep squad.

"I can't believe we will finally have our classes together since in foreva!!" he cheered fiercely.

"Ya I know right I'm so excited. I just wish we had the beginning of the day together too not just the end. Although no more days of being the person who is always stuck with Smelly Pete because they don't have a partner," I explained, relieved out of my wits.

"Oh honey, those days for you are over. Now you can be with me!" Gabriel continued to do the thing he does best, cheer people up.

Although the only reason why I needed to be cheered up is because I couldn't take my mind of the mystery guy I met this morning. Dean. His name lingered in my mind distracting me from every activity I have tried to accomplish today. It was the worst and the best thing that has happened to me yet.

 I was just glad I only had one class period left. But then one thing I was not sure of though was why I couldn't stop thinking about him. So as I get to my locker to get my stuff for my last class a crazy idea pops into my head.

"Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh!" I gasped once I found the missing piece in the puzzle.

"Delta? Delta what is it?" Gabriel asked trying to snap me out of whatever spell was taking over me.

"Oh my gosh. I like him!!" As I looked up at Gabriel, the moment I said the words out loud he was almost as shocked as me.

"Who is it? Who do you like?!" Gabriel was now holding me by my arms and shaking me so hard, if he would have let go I would have flung across the hallway.

"Dean. His name is.. Dean," I tried to say but barely had enough air in my lungs to get it out.

"The new kid? Oh honey I'm sorry but he is way out of your league. I just saw him flirting with Elena West and her gang of demons earlier this morning. She probably already has him wrapped around her finger," he explained sympathetically.

Elena West was the most popular girl in school. She flirted with just about every guy in the school, but for different reasons. With the football stars, because she wants them, the nerds because she wants them to do her homework, and everyone else in between. She was everybody's worst nightmare.

"Oh. Um well it obviously such a big crush if I just thought about it so it's not a big deal," I muttered trying to sound as casual as possible but really wanting to ball my eyes out.