Emily

When Emily woke up that morning, her first thought wasn't "I'm getting married today". Her first thought was Sam. Just Sam. His brown eyes, his wide smile, his alabaster skin. Sam consumed Emily's thoughts constantly.

Emily got out of bed and sat down. Her hotel room felt small and lonely without Sam. This was the first time in almost a full year that Sam and Emily hadn't shared a bed. However, Emily knew it was for the best. It was customary among couples to sleep in different rooms the night before the wedding. Oh, well.

Emily put on her long white gown and went down to the lobby to have some crappy hotel breakfast. Her bridesmaids were waiting for her.

Nicole, Molly, Tiffany and Kate forced Emily to eat a pile of eggs, bacon and toast. They also made her eat sausage, telling her it was "practice for tonight". Emily didn't really understand what they meant. She was too busy thinking profoundly about her fervent love for Sam.

Only Sam made her feel emotion.

Only Sam made her feel empathy.

Only Sam made her the best she could be.

Emily finished eating. The Uber they had called arrived at the hotel. As they drove past the fantastic scenery, she had an epiphany.

Love. It encompasses the world. A feeling so strong, it drives some people mad. The bond between her and Sam was a knot that would never be untied. The tightly wound rope could never be cut, burned or loosened. A feeling of love so great, it could never be bottled up. They had to let it overflow. Overflow past the brim of the bottle, and share this love with the world.

They reached their destination.

Emily got out.

One last time, she thought of Sam. His eyes, his hair, his smile. From now on, she would never again have to envision him in her mind, because he would always be there. He would never leave.

She took a deep breath. Was she ready to do this? Yes. She was.