The Wedding

The leaves rustled. The breeze sang. The birds chirped. It was time.

Sam took a deep breath.

Emily took a deep breath.

For the first time in years, Alex picked up his violin and began to play Canon in D by Pachelbel.

Emily began to walk.

The guests saw a girl in a dress.

Sam saw a goddess.

Their love washed over the audience, more powerful than the Vermont sky, more powerful than the trees, the wind, the birds.

She walked.

Slowly and steadily, she walked.

A journey of a hundred feet.

It seemed like a hundred miles.

The music was encapsulating.

As she walked, Emily had a revelation.

Love.

What is Love?

Love is the driving force in the world.

Love makes people happy.

Love makes people crazy.

Love makes people feel powerful.

But there was never love so strong, so pure, as the love between Sam and Emily that day.

Emily reached the end of her walk.

And the beginning of her new life.

Sam wanted to kiss her right then. Hr wanted to grab her and kiss her like nobody was watching. But he had to wait. Five more minutes.

The Justice of the Peace spoke.

"We are here today to witness the joining of Samuel Michael Roach and Emily Mae Elmer in holy matrimony. They wrote their own vows for this occasion."

Emily looked at sam for a while. Then she began to speak:

"Sam, you make my world brighter. Every day. I don't know what I would do without you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Sam f***ing loved that girl.

Sam spoke:

"Emily, you are my rock. Every day, I am dragged under by the current. You hold me steadfast, you keep me going. I need you, Emily Mae Elmer."

Emily wanted to take Sam out in the woods and do dirty, dirty things to him.

Then it was time for the final step:

"Emily Mae Elmer, do you take Samuel Michael Roach to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"Samuel Michael Roach, do you take Emily Mae Elmer to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride!"

Sam and Emily proceeded to engage in a violent make-out session lasting about 2 minutes.

The reception was a blur. Sam and Emily kissed about 20 times, Alex got drunk on root beer and started doing the robot, and Molly gave a toast that sounded exactly like the first 30 seconds of Satisfied from Hamilton.

Later that night, Sam and Emily embarked on their honeymoon, a two-year round-the-world adventure where they would get to know each other more than ever before and their marriage would grow, blossom, and prosper like no other, especially in the bedroom. Their love became forever unyielding, and it is still that strong today.