1: Mallory Accidentally Blasts Her Boyfriend

This is 100% my story. Anyone who is found to steal characters, places or anything else from Eros' Angels is plagiarising. If there is any resemblance to earlier characters or places, it is completely unintentional on the part of the authour.

Sebastian stood in the early morning mist, his dark grey eyes focused on the oak tree, or more so, on the figure sitting beneath the twisted oak. He started to walk towards the tree, his socks squelching on the grass. The silhouette of the girl under the tree turned her head to face him as he walked. With each step, the image got clearer. He could see more of the bark on the tree, autumn's last leaves dying as winter approached, the details on her white lace dress, and now her eyes, one ice blue, the other dark brown.

Mallory stood as Sebastian approached. She leaned on the oak with her right arm, for her back was still recovering from the tattoo. Tattoos hurt; probably more at thirteen then they did later in life. But hey, the fact that this certain tattoo gave you your wings made it worth the pain.

Sebastian finally reached his destination, standing in front of Mallory. "Can you stop running away from me?" he said, aggravated. "I just want you to explain to me what I saw on Tuesday."

Mallory sighed. "I told you, I can't tell you."

Sebastian was getting more annoyed by the second. "I can keep it a secret. But I know I saw something. It looked like some massive bird or something. I don't know why you have to keep this bird a secret."

Mallory said nothing.

Sebastian was fuming. "Fucking tell me!" he screeched, raising his hand and slapping her across the face.

Mallory's jaw dropped in shock. Sebastian's hand had left a red mark across her right cheek, stinging horribly. He didn't show any remorse or guilt.

"What the hell?" she asked in a low voice, tears springing to her eyes. "Go away," she murmured, turning her back to him.

"Look, Mallory," he shouted to her slowly retreating back, "either you tell me what that thing was flying away from your school...." he began, his voice menacing.

Mallory turned around to look him in the eyes. "Or what?"

He stormed up to her so his face was right next to hers. "Or this relationship is over."

Mallory turned to look at him, and was just in time to see his body fly through the air.

Oh crap, this is bad, Mallory thought. She had accidentally used her power to send her boyfriend flying. Since she got her power through contact with her father, Eros, she hadn't learned to control them yet.  She would soon be able to fly, along with her telekinesis, when her wing tattoo healed. But until then, she had to learn to control her random blasts.

Mallory turned from Sebastian's body, lying on the ground, probably unconscious. He definitely wasn't dead- his chest still rose and fell slowly. Sebastian didn't look like he was hurt, just dazed.

Mallory ran down the hill, her feet slipping in the grass still covered in last night's rain, her straight chestnut hair swinging from side to side. She had to get away from the hill. Back to the academy, to the park, to Zoe's house. Anywhere but here.