16: Andrea's Much Bigger Secret

The movies on airplanes are almost as bad as the food, Andrea thought. She had turned on the little built-in TV on the back of the airplane seat, but the only thing she could find on the thing was sappy romance movies and some random action movie.

Looking at the romance movies, her mind fell into the dark pit of doubt and under-confidence. No, no can do, Andrea thought. I am not watching those.

"Why not?"

Andrea didn't realize she'd said it aloud until Austin answered her.

"Oh, never mind," Andrea muttered a response. She wasn't even ready to talk to her brother about this yet. Nobody knew her deepest, darkest problem. And Andrea intended to keep it that way.

She switched on the action movie, slipping the headphones around her head. She soon got bored of the macho men chattering about revenge, so pulled out a book- the House of Hades- and flipped to the page containing her bookmark. She continued to read, the movie playing in the background.

She soon shut the book as she came upon a romance scene, tucking it back into her carry-on luggage bag. Why couldn't she just escape this? Couldn't reminders of love leave her alone? At least there was no romance in this movie, she thought.

That's when the line came on.

"You're a traitor to your kind."

Andrea's head snapped up to look at the screen. She immediately snapped off the television set, ripped the headphones off of her ears, and stood up. She was sitting by the window, so she quickly clambered over Austin's lap and fell into the isle. She was getting the weirdest looks from everybody around her as she sprinted down the isle, past Zoe and Mallory into the back of the plane and into the luckily unlocked bathroom. She held her hands to her mouth, feeling vomit rise in her throat. She barely made it to the sink before she threw up.

Andrea washed her mouth with water, still tasting the disgusting mix. She leaned on the wall, sliding down to sit on the floor.

Andrea thought she had enough problems to deal with until the demon walked in.