10: Zoe Prepares... And Complains.... A Lot

"I'm conflicted,

I inhale, now I'm addicted

To this place

To you babe

I can't stay away, I can't stay away...."

Zoe sung along to her music as she packed an unfairly small amount in her backpack. She understood they had no choice, but she didn't think it was fair. Why couldn't a different four combine the elements? Why couldn't some other people defeat Erebus, some people far more qualified?

She was having a good day, beginning camp with a miniature date with Cam, but then she just had to suddenly become the personification of air. She grumbled as she stuffed some T-shirts into her backpack.

Zoe's head snapped up as the door opened. It was Mallory, who unfortunately became the victim of Zoe's power and slapped herself in the face.

"Try to control your power, will you," Mallory grumbled at the red mark on her face. If someone wasn't prepared, Zoe could gain control of their limbs for a short while. When her powers developed, she would be able to hold someone captive for longer and actually decide what they did.

"Sorry, but I can't help it! You scared me!" Zoe complained.

Mallory just rolled her eyes. "Well, Eros says we're not leaving yet. He booked us a flight for tomorrow night to Mongolia, cause he thinks Erebus is going there."

"Why's Erebus going to Mongolia?"

"Because he wants to continue his conquering there?" Mallory shrugged.

 "So why are we staying here?" Zoe asked.

Mallory leaned on the cream wall of the cabin. "Because he wants to teach us to fly."

Zoe nodded again, trying to fit more clothes in her already overflowing bag. "Makes sense. When does he start?"

Mallory started to pull her hair into a ponytail, her long front fringe refusing to get pulled in. Mallory sighed and started searching her bag for bobby pins as she spoke. "Like, now. That's why I came to get you."

Zoe sighed and pulled her earphones out. "Well, I guess we go better learn to fly.... in the dark," she grumbled.