Chapter 1: Abandoned

Cloud must've heard this story from her grandpa million times. But she never interrupted him, since it seemed he liked telling that story. Somebody knocked on the door after Grandpa finished his story. "I'll get it." She said, getting up off the couch.

She opened the door to see Blaze. "What's up, Cloud?" He said with a grin. Cloud raised an eyebrow. "What're you looking so smug for?" She asked suspiciously. "You're never gonna believe what I found. Come on, follow me!" He said, running down the hallway. "Wait!" Cloud shouted. "Bye Grandpa. I'll be back soon." She said, running after Blaze.

When Cloud finally caught up with him, they were at the highest point in the fire kingdom, Pyro Tower. Blaze was sitting down, staring outside the kingdoms walls. Cloud followed his gaze to the collapsed Lightning Kingdom in the distance. "What'd you bring up here for?" Cloud asked. "Look in the sky." Blaze responded.

Cloud looked up to see a huge cloud. "What's so special about it?" She asked. "Look closer." Cloud squinted her eyes and was able to make out buildings on the cloud. "Is... Is there some kind of base up there?" Cloud asked astoundingly. "It's one of the Lightning Kingdoms old bases. But now it's abandoned... And waiting to be explored." Blaze smiled at Cloud.

Cloud sighed. "How're we even gonna get up there?" She asked. Blaze whistled, and a small flame ship appeared. "Hop on." He said. Cloud got on and the ship headed up to the cloud city. Once they arrived, Clouds eyes widened. It looked like it used to be so beautiful, but now it was in ruins. "Maybe we could find something cool up here." Blaze muttered, taking in the surroundings.

The city was huge. It would take the whole rest of the day just to explore half of it. They walked by a broken fountain and up some stairs. Most of the buildings were collapsed or on the verge of collapsing, but some of them were fine, like the humongous tower in the center. Blazes eyes widened when he saw it. "We have to see the tower up close." Blaze said. Blaze began park outing his way towards there. Cloud smiled and took out her air board.

She followed Blaze through the ghostly city, teasing him throughout the way. "Too bad you don't have transportation like this!" Cloud laughed at him. Blaze moved faster, looking rather irritated. Finally, they arrived. Cloud could see why Blaze really wanted to see this tower. It was almost completely intact, and, even though the metal was rusting and mold was growing throughout the building, looked more majestic than the entire cloud. They made their way up the tower, staring at everything.

Cloud spotted a golden ring sitting on a pedestal. She grabbed the ring and examined it. The ring was shiny golden, and it had a lightning bolt on it. She put the ring on her middle finger and felt a little shock go through her body. "What're you doing? Come on!" Blaze shouted. Cloud ran back to the stairs and continued up them. Eventually they reached the top.

There wasn't much at the top. Just some paintings and statues and things like that. Cloud noticed that Blaze had his eyes on a golden figure on a pedestal. Blaze went to pick it up, but cloud grabbed his arm. "Wait! What if something bad happens? It looks important." "Oh, come on! You get to keep something! Why can't I?" Blaze whined. He grabbed the figure.

It's eyes started glowing red and everything started shaking. "What did you do?!" Cloud shouted. The tower shook violently. Then the worst happened. The tower collapsed. Cloud and Blaze started falling along with all the debris. The cloud started disintegrating. All the buildings were falling to the ground. Cloud grabbed her air board and jumped on it. She reached her hand towards Blaze. "Grab on!" She shouted at him.

Blaze reached his hand out, but a price of rock hit him, sending him flying away. Cloud zipped back over to him and grabbed his arm. She watched as the beautiful city to be he solid ground below. She sighed and headed back down to the fire kingdom. When she reached it, she got Blaze back on his feet. "You okay?" She asked him. Blaze rubbed his cheek. "Yeah, I think I'll be ok." He replied. But before either of them could speak, they were bombarded by their parents. "You're in big trouble now, Cloud-Quartz!" Clouds mom yelled. "Now you've gone and done it, Hydroblaze!" Blazes dad shouted.

Blaze was dragged back to his room in the fire kingdom and Cloud was brought back to the wind kingdom, without a single word to each other. But as they stared gloomily at each other, they knew one thing was clear: they were in humongous trouble.

Author Notes
I know that this chapter was kinda short, but i think it's pretty good for the first chapter of my first book. But anyways, if you liked this chapter please vote for it for more, thanks!