Chapter 1

Louis was staring at his computer that sat in his bedroom, watching an X-factor clip. He has always wanted a career involving singing but has never had the courage to show people his talent. He had actually recently found out that his ex-boyfriend had only asked him out to persuade him to go on the X-factor. He knew Louis was talented and his plans were to get money through Louis if he were to become successful. He left Louis immediately when he found out he couldn't change his mind. It broke Louis heart and he spent days crying, but through the help of his friends he was able to overcome the painful experience and use it as a lesson.

Video after video past and Louis started to have trouble focusing on the singers that were preforming on the screen of his computer due to his body begging him for sleep. He turned his computer off and dragged his feet towards his bed a few metres away. He pulled the covers back and flopped onto the soft mattress, almost instantly falling into a deep sleep.

________________________________

Morning sunlight streamed through the curtains, waking Louis up. He rubbed his eyes and glanced at the alarm clock on his nightstand that read 9:04am. He rolled to the side of the bed and swung his legs over, his feet touching the cold hardwood. Louis reached over and grabbed his phone sitting next to his alarm clock.

A new text message appeared on the lock screen from a friend asking if Louis wanted to meet him at the café down the street from Louis apartment at 9:30 for breakfast. Louis replied a quick "yes" to his friend before shuffling over to his dresser and changing out of his pyjamas. He quickly brushed his teeth, grabbed his coat and opened the for of his small town house.

Louis inhaled deeply, breathing in the thick air of early spring as he walked towards the café. He was greeted by the scent of freshly baked bread as he walked in the door. Louis spotted his friend quickly and walked towards him.

"Hey Niall", he greeted as he neared his friend. Niall smiled and waved in response, he motioned at the food on the table.

"I got you a tea and a scone, hope you don't mind", he said.

"Thanks Ni, I love the scones here!"

The two chatted and goofed around for about forty five minutes before Niall had to go to work. Louis sat by himself, finishing up the last few sips of tea he had left in his cup.

A deep voice made Louis glance up, in front of him stood the most gorgeous man he had ever seen. Long dark hair fell just past his broad shoulders, his bright green eyes sparkled as he looked around the café.

His gaze continued to wonder until his eyes fell on Louis, taking in the beauty of the petite man sitting a few metres away from him. He was unable to stop himself from strolling over to wear the man sat.

"Is this seat taken?" He asked, gesturing to the seat that faced Louis.

"Um n-no, go ahead."

He nodded and sat in front of the handsome man. "My names Harry."

"I'm Louis," he replied with a smile on his face. The two flirted and talked for over an hour. The ringing of Harrys phone interrupted the laughs they were sharing. He gave Louis an apologetic smile and pulled out his phone. Harry's eyes went wide, and a nervous expression crossed his face when he looked at the contact number, he declined the call and held his phone in hand.

"I'm really sorry Louis, but I have to go. Would you like to meet up again sometime?"

"Of course, that'd be nice," Louis replied. Harry fished around in his pocket before pulling out a card, he winked at Louis and place the card on the table in front of him.

"Hope to see you soon." And with that Harry walked out the door of the café. Louis watched him through the window as Harry immediately pulled out his phone and bought it to his ear, walking away from Louis sight completely.

Louis picked up the card that lay face down on the table and flipped it over, seeing that it had Harrys name and number on it. He smiled to himself and put the card in his pocket.

Louis threw on his jacket and opened the doors to the bakery, once again to be greeted with the smell of spring. Louis was unable to contain his excitement, as he basically skipped the whole way back to his apartment.
___________________________________

A/N- Hi, so this is the first chapter of my first fanfic, hope you guys like it!! Also, just to let you guys know... I ate two packs of tic tacs while writing this chapter. I'm sure you guys care a loooot, haha!!! Byeee xoxo