Scared to Death

Part 2 of A Thousand Years ☺️

++++

Marriage life isn't easy, especially the first year. It was a roller coaster ride, but actually it is much worse than that. Maybe you could compare it to a Jurassic Park, that makes sense when there's a little kiddo around.

"CALOOOOY! NASAAN NANAMAN SI DAHNA?!" Isa exclaimed from the kitchen.

"Nanaman?!" Caloy answered back while she's running down the staircase.

As much as possible, Caloy doesn't want to raise her voice when Isa is upset or something.

Marie Dahna Irac Molde-Carlos. Caloy and Isa's 3 year old daughter, 3 years apart from the first. Their daughter really loves hide and seek, when all of them loses attention to her.

Everyone is running and looking at the little one, until they heard a loud "thud" sound upstairs. Dylan ran to his room, where he thinks his little sister is.

He opened the door and saw that his room seemed to be struck by a typhoon.

"Mommy! Babba! Dahna's in my room again!" He screamed.

In just a matter of seconds, they arrived at Dylan's room and saw what happened.

"Anong nangyari dito?" Caloy asked.

Before his son could answer, another "thud" sound was heard, and a cry was followed.

"Mommy! She's here!" Dylan said and he saw her sister crying behind the door.

Isa quickly hugged her daughter to comfort the little one.

"Its okay, mommy's here." Isa whispered.

"Na-untog nanaman. Di ba I told you to close your door always?" Caloy pointed at Dylan.

"Sorry po, Ba." Dylan mummbled.

Isa went out of the room to comfort the little one. While Dylan felt guilty on what Caloy had pointed.

"It's okay. I know naman it's not your intention." Caloy said and placed her hands on the latter's shoulder.

"Everyone makes mistakes, and it's up to you if you will learn from it or do it again." She added.

"So you're not angry at me?" Dylan asked out.

"Me? As much as possible, I won't." Caloy smiled.

The little boy smiled and hugged his Babba really tight. And that made Caloy to be in shock.

"I love you po, Ba." He whispered.

"I love you too, Dylan, so much." She whispered back.

4 years later...

"Dahna! Bilisan mo! Male-late na si Babba sa game niya!" Dylan screamed from the kitchen.

"Coming!" She replied.

After 4 years since the little princess celebrated her 7th birthday, the family Carlos went back to playing professional volleyball leagues. Diana Mae Carlos, publicly known as "Tots Carlos" plays for Foton Tornadoes, while Isa Molde-Carlos plays for RC-Cola Army.

After 45 minutes of travel from their residence, they arrived at San Juan Arena for their Babba's match. They took their seats right exactly at the team's court side.

For such time, Dylan noticed her younger sister seemed to be in unease.

"Dahna, are you hungry?" Asked her older brother.