Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Carl’s POV

I went to my room and slammed the door behind me. Damn it. I never felt this angry towards her before. I really felt like punching this Alex boy and ask him to stay away from my girl. Damn, I hit the wall and then groaned in pain as I injured my hand.  I heard a knock at the door but I purposely ignored it and sat at the edge of my bed.

I heard my room door opened, “Carl?” she called softly.

I still ignored her and she came to sit besides me, “I’m sorry” she said softly. I remain quiet ignoring her.

“Carl,” she nudged at me, but I scooted slightly away from her. She scooted nearer to me. “I really am sorry. I didn’t mean what I said” she tenderly said and I still ignored her. She looked at me but I stared straight ahead.

Suddenly she pulled my injured hand and yelped, “What happen to your hand?”  I yanked it away from her.

“Carl,” she whined, “I’m sorry. I was angry because you promised you won’t be jealous.” and gave me a gloomy look as if she was about to cry but I turned my head away.

I heard she sighed loudly, “Fine,” she grumbled, “Don’t talk to me,” and stood up.

“So, are you saying that I’m actually charming?” I asked but still not looking at her.

She sat back on the bed, “No,” she said. “I really mean it. You ARE a green-eyed monster,” she playfully nudged me, “But I still love you.”

I nudged her back, “Are you sure you love me?” I playfully asked her.

She put her hands around me and rested her chin you my shoulder, “Yes, always,” saying it in my ears.

I wrapped my arms around her and looked at her, “I love you. Do you know that?”

She nodded, “Yes, I know. That’s why you can’t stay angry with me forever because you can’t live without me,” grinning widely at me showing her beautiful white teeth.

I chuckled and kissed her forehead, “Yeah, I can’t live without you. Can you live without me?” I asked her seriously.

“Oh, yes, I definite can live without you,” she teased, “I got numbers of men lining up to be with me when you’re gone. I’ll be definitely fine without you.”

I pretended to be angry and pushed her away, “I hate you. You are so mean.”

“Uh, uh, you love me,” she hugged me and gently bit my ear.

“Ouch,” I whine.

“You’re such a baby,” she laughed, “Let me have a look at you hand,” she said talking my sore hand to have a look at it.

 “What happened?” she asked. “You hit the wall? Did you imagine the wall me?

“I won’t hit it if I imagine it’s you. I would have kissed it instead,” I smirked at her.

She giggled, “Really? Wow, you really love me.” I shook my head at her. God, she is so puckish and that’s one of the reasons why I fall in love with her.

We didn’t encounter with Alex and his gang the whole day as I had arranged some snorkelling activities for all of us. We even had our lunch and dinner outside the island. By the time we got back everyone was exhausted and went to bed early.

A loud thunderstorm jerked me up from my sleep. I instantly thought of Kierra and worried she might be scared of the thunderstorm, I walked over to her room. After several knocks on her door, she finally opened it. God, my jaw nearly dropped to the ground looking at what she was wearing, a sport bra and panties!!

I quickly regained my composed look when she asked, “Carl?” and yawned, “What’s wrong?”

“I’m just checking on you actually,” I told her, “I’m worried you’ll be scared of the thunderstorm. Girls normally do,” I smiled sheepishly at her.

She laughed and yawned again, “You should know I’m not like normal girls, I’m not scared of the thunderstorm.”

“Ok,” I slowly nodded and turn to walk back to my room when I heard her called, “Carl?”

I turned to look at her, “Are you scared of the thunderstorm?” she playfully asked me.

“Ooo, yes, I’m very, very scared,” I mischievously replied raising one of my eyebrows.

She giggled, “You want me to accompany you tonight?”

“Would you?” I gleefully smiled at her.

“Only if you promise to behave,” she warned.

“I promise,” I grinned widely.

She chuckled and followed me to my room. She put a pillow in between us and said, “Make sure you really behave yourselves, or I’ll go back to my room.”

“Hey, I always behave myself when I’m around you,” I teased her.

“Yeah, right,” she mocked and turned her back at me.

After a few second I softly called her, “Kierra?”

“Hmm,” she drowsily replied.

“Do you always wear like this to sleep?” I mischievously asked her.

Without turning to looking at me she replied, “Well, you’re very lucky tonight. I normally sleep naked,” she responded. I could hear a smile in her voice.

“Ooo, really,” I cooed. “Maybe you should take this off and get comfortable. I don’t mind” I teased and pulled one of the bra straps from her shoulders.

“Carl, do you want me to go back to my room?” she asked still with her back at me.

“Noooo,” I said softly.

“Then behave and go to sleep,” she warned. “Why don’t you just visualise I’m sleeping naked in your dreams?”

I chuckled, “I will, good night, babe,” I teased.

“Good night,” she grumpily replied.

I smiled. God how could I sleep knowing she’s sleeping by my bedside? I just stared at her back and a few minutes later when I was sure that she had fallen into a deep sleep, I removed the pillow in between us and slid my hands around her pulling her closer to me. Kissing her bare shoulder, I succumbed to my sleep.