s i x

lost stars | jjk

lost stars | jjk

« kim minjoo »

"Um," I began, taken back by Jungkook's sudden proposal. I sent him the most skeptical look I could muster up, "Sorry, what?"

"What? Deaf?"

I chose to ignore his snarky reply.

"Love isn't as simple and easy as it sounds, you know." I said, "I don't know how many dramas you've been watching but those love stories don't appear in real life."

"Hey, I didn't say it was easy." He held up his hands in defence, though his actions were far from being careful, his posture reeked of cockiness, "I just set an offer for your strange interest in my wrist."

"Well, I'm not really that interested. You probably only have one mark anyways." From Eunkyung. I bit my lip before the last bit escaped.

Jungkook seemed unfazed (at least, that's what he seemed like to me) and shrugged in return, stuffing his hands into the back pockets of his jeans.

"Suit yourself, I was gonna introduce you to one of my friends to see if it'll speed up the process."

His friends.

His... good looking friends...

I furrowed my eyebrows, "So you want me to fall in love?"

The look on his face was cloudy and I failed to decipher it, but the crack of a smile tugging at the corners of his lips whispered a scheming plan forming inside his head. And the doubt growing in my stomach doubled the longer I stared.

"It'll be fun to watch, since it's your first time."

"That sentence could be taken so badly out of context."

"Shut—" He bristled in embarrassment, "You're almost eighteen and your wrist is completely blank, don't you find that a bit weird?"

"No."

My hand unconsciously moved to cover my wrist, getting bit flustered at the never-ending topic surrounding my skin. I flicked my hair over my shoulder, having no desire to display the image of a nervous, blushing girl.

"Say I agreed to this ridiculous deal of yours," I pondered nonchalantly, "Were you actually going to introduce me to your friends?"

He smirked, "Why? You interested?"

I shot him a glare.

"I can. Not sure if they'll find you appealing though..."

"What? You saying I'm not attractive?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You said it, not me."

My lips curled at his audacity, "You're so rude."

Tell me why I was so nice to him a few hours ago? He was a demon hidden behind a fake halo.

"Fine. We'll see who's not attractive here." I straightened up confidently, "I'll make sure you eat your words on Monday. No one has seen me actually dressed up before, you'll be surprised at how good I loo—Wait, hold on."

The entertained look on Jungkook's face watched me patiently.

I repressed a scowl as another thought ran through my head, wishing I could take back my incoherent rambles seconds before, "What makes you think I would change myself just to please one of your slimy friends?"

And by slimy I meant attractive because his friends really were attractive. But I wasn't going to give him the pleasure of knowing that.

"This whole thing is up to you, I'm just here for some fun. But until you do fall in love, the concealer on this wrist ain't rubbing off." Jungkook chimed, flashing his well-known bunny-like smile that had all the fangirls charmed.

"You sound like you want me to look at your tally marks."

"And you sound like you're too afraid to step out of your comfort zone." He countered.

I huffed, "What is this? Some sort of challenge?"

"If you want it to be."

I nibbled on the inner walls of my mouth, growing tired of being constantly one-upped by that smug look on Jungkook's face.

"Fine." I snapped, spinning on my heel and marching to the door that led to the stairs back downstairs, "Tomorrow, 1pm at the mall. Don't be late."

Wait, fuck.

"Wait—no, don't come. That wasn't supposed to—It was—Goodbye."

I internally drove myself into the wall 50 times in my brain and picked up my pace, as if that would make my stuttering even less noticeable.

Jungkook's laugh rang through the silent night, slicing through the embarrassment veiling my burning cheeks. I refused to look back but I was willing to bet that there was another cocky grin plastered across his face.

"See you tomorrow."

I groaned.

"Don't come!"

« jeon jungkook »

The second Minjoo disappeared down the stairs, I wiped the amused smile off my lips. I dug my hands into my pocket and pulled out my phone. My fingers tapped away on the screen, diving through my contacts and scrolling till it reached particular contact.

It took 3 rings for him to pick up.

"Yo, Kook-ah."

"Hyung."

"Wow, you're actually on your phone for once. And calling me. Are you sick?"

I rolled my eyes, "No."

"You're not getting into another fight, are you?"

"Hyung, just—"

"Heh, just kidding, what do you want?"

"You know Kim Minjoo?"

"Uh, the smart one?"

"Yeah, her. Listen, hyung, I need a favour from you. You seem like the one she's most likely to fall for."

"I am so confused."

"I'll explain later. You're not with anyone right now, right?"

"Well," He drew out, "Me and Go Hyesung—"

"She fucked Hoseok-hyung yesterday." I deadpanned.

There was a silence on the other line.

"I'm a free man."

I chuckled.

"So you in?"

"I guess. This better be fun."

"Don't worry, it will be."

+ end +

i literally wrote this in the past 40 mins lol hope u liked it and didnt give up on this story

and wtf is up with wattpad i cant remove photos from chapters anymore how annoying