Let me in

I adverted my eyes. She's just messing with me. I'm such an idiot. Had I not learnt anything from my past relationships?                                                                                                                                                           To be more specific; one whom ,might I add, broke up with me over a 'text message' last night.

*Way to pick em' Elisha. 

I always found myself to be as much of a romantic as the best of them. Believing in happy ever afters. There is  someone out there for us all. Love is love regardless.

But I've had enough of relationships to last for a long while.

Wait a minute, why the hell am I even for a secound considering this?

"Can I help you with something?"
I said with more of an irritated tone than i was going for.

I could see the slight sarcastic shock on her face from my sudden question.
This is just a game to her but I'm not going to allow myself to be played with.

"Well aren't you more assertive all of a sudden." she said while giggling and leaning forward to place her elbows on the table.

I flinched slightly at her sudden movement.
She leaned back down slowly her eyes looking directly at me with a slight smile on her face. Am I that interesting of a specimen to her.

"I can smell your fear you know." she stated as if it were obvious, that I was afriaid.
I couldn't tell if she was joking or being serious at this point,                  
"Well aren't you lucky, not everyone is gifted with such a useful power." I said sarcastically 

"*laughing*.. with great power...." She said giving me a wink and trying to control her hysteric laughter inbetween.

This was the Emma I knew, the one I thought I did anyway.                                                         
Where was her confidence coming from?
Did she not just confess to me? Did I just imagine it?... How could she be so normal about it, yeah I understand you're a lesbian I respect that, but I am not. Okay I may have a huge crush on a girl but still.

Wide eyes staring back at me as if looking deep into my being.
I could almost feel every deep breath she took.
Her sigh rung out loudly, and as her lips parted I felt a strange feeling inside of me.

Probably something I ate.
I'm not complaining but cafeteria food isn't always the best.

"My favourite colour is purple, I like iced tea, dispise vanilla, chocolate is okay and I am obsessed with Japanese and Korean pop culture....." She said leaning closer towards me once more.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked. Shifting closer to the edge of the seat.

"I don't know really, do you think perhaps something's wrong with me?"
There was a smirk on her face as she said that. I just can't wrap my head around what goes on in her head. 

"Yes." I said without a hint of hesitation.

"Do you think you can fix me then?"

"No. I don't think anyone could pull that off." 

She went into a fit of laughter. I could really see the tears forming in her eyes.

"*Cough* good comeback." She replied after getting back her composure. 

"Oh look at the time, seventh period is about to begin. I should get going." I said, raising off the chair with the tray in my hands.

I hadn't even touched my food.
I just wanted to leave, but making a dash for the door may seem quite rude, but then again

I felt a firm tug on my arm. I slowly turned around to see that Emma was the one holding it.

As if we were invisible, no one payed us any mind. I didn't dare look away from her.

"Sorry about this." She said with her cheeks stained red.

"w...what?" Puzzled I asked.

Hypnotized by by her eyes.
There was a longing in them, one that frightened and enticed me.

"You'll see."  
She pulled me into her, smiled and......... kissed me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EMMA'S POV.

As I pulled myself back from her soft lips, my entire face felt as if it were engulfed in flames. What the hell had I done?

I only wanted to tease her a bit, but when she got up so suddenly I needed to do something to make her stay. What did I think would happen after? She would invite me over and we'd do nine rounds?

I looked at her. She was the one blushing now, and the pink shade on her caramel skin blended well. She was adorable. And I blew it, big time.

"I did say sorry." I said trying to put an end to the awkward mood I had just caused.

As though my words somehow snapped her back into reality, she made a complete dash for the door (taking the time to drop the tray in the bin).

I guess the nine rounds can wait. I was in the mood for ice-cream and regret anyway. Now all I need is the ice-cream.

"Ouch! That had to have hurt." A familiar voice said from behind me.

"Leave me alone Mike, I don't wanna have to punch you in front of your girl."

"Well no need to be a bitch about it." She said trying to comfort me with her sickening Ruby Rose voice.

"Mike's right, girl ain't no time for you to be sulking around. I say you already kissed'er go get your girl." Anne said with her 'I know my shit' attitude.

"To hell with it!" I exclaimed.

I ran out the caffateria and went to the one place I was sure she would be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ELISHA'S POV.

I took a next pull and exhaled. The smoke which had just made its way into my lungs was cleared out. I watched as it faded into the air. I felt like joining it.

From the rooftop I could see everything. It felt as though my future and all my goals were as clear as the scenery in front of me.

Most of all I was alone. Nothing could hurt me or even get close enough to try.

"What the hell was that? Why'd she have to kiss me? Why the he'll did I like it?" I said to myself sweaping my hair back.

I needed a smoke to clear my head and relax my nerves. But after  that I needed two.