art deco

You're so art deco
Out on the floor
Shining like gun metal
Cold and unsure

-----

"You think he has a boyfriend?"

"No."

"You think he knows he looks cute?"

"I mean, yeah...I dunno."

"What do you think is his favorite color?"

"Christ, Harry, I don't know."

"Maybe it's the color of his eyes. it's a nice blue, like the reflection of the swimming pool against your face on a musty summer night blue or that amazing summer day when the sun is starting to--"

"For fuck's sake, Harry!" Zayn yells in to the receiver.

"...set."

Harry sighs as he unrolled the coiled wire from his fingertips. He knew he was overwhelming Zayn and rambling about senseless shit, but that's not his fault. He absolutely adores that blue eyed baby who wears incredibly sexy things.

"Sorry." He whispered. "He's just so--"

"Majestic, beautiful, special, amazing, cute, blah blah blah." Zayn groaned. Harry knows Zayn well enough to even roll his eyes at the comment.

Well, he wouldn't blame him. He is quite a sap.

"Can we just stop talking about him? He's not even that important anyway." Zayn mumbles. "he's just another boy, Harry."

"No he's--"

"Yes, Harry, he is! Don't you see what he's like? He doesn't look for dates, he looks for quick and easy! He's not into flowers and breakfast after sex, he's looking for his clothes and running as fast as he can! Harry he doesn't want you, not in the way you want him to."

When there's no response from Harry on the other line, he keeps going.

"What he wants is sex, Harry. He wants it good and easy, fast and hard. And once he gets it, he'll leave you empty, and cold. He'll leave you with a mile deep hole in your heart, and I don't want to be the one to hold you while you're crying.."

"You seem to have experience this by heart." Harry deadpanned. At that the line goes silent, and Zayn stops talking.

"Harry--"

"Just like old times, huh?" Harry laughs lightly, but in reality the tears falling down his cheeks an staining his deep blue covers tells a story much deeper than this.

"You...beat me to all the good ones, leave me to deal with the crying, and the anger, and the hurt."

The tears continue down his face, as the reality finally set in.

"Harry, I'm--"

"The least you could've done was tell me." And quickly, he hangs up the phone.

If Harry didn't have enough problems, it's as if a boulder had yet again been dropped onto his shoulders.

Yeah, it's not the first time Harry had ran into any of Zayn's side pieces.

I mean, it's a small world after all.

But just when he actually was having feelings for some guy, it turns out that he does get around--around to his best friend.

Harry hated the thought of being second. Even with Zayn, especially, with Zayn. And it sucks that no one that he slept with had actually .... experienced him. They've just been with him.