Chapter Seven

A/N: Thanks so much to my readers! Please comment(: I want to know what you think!

***

Chapter Seven

                “What took you guys so long?” Liam asked as we entered the hotel room.  It was fairly spacious, with two queen sized beds, a sofa, some armchairs, and a large television set. Jane had managed to position herself next to Harry once again, who was seated on the floor, propped up against the front of the love seat. Zayn was stretched out on one of the beds, and Liam and Louis had occupied two other armchairs.

                “I bet I know,” Louis said jokingly with a wink and a playful smile. “Awful quick, Niall!”

                “Louis!” Liam protested.

                “What?! I was just saying—” Louis started.

                “We didn’t—“ Niall started.

                “Oh! No need to explain, mate!” Louis continued to tease.

                I heard Niall make a few more feeble attempts to account for our whereabouts, until Zayn just told Louis to shut up. I was hoping that Jane would pipe up and say that I had to pee, like normal, but she was too busy trying to get Harry’s attention. I could tell I was blushing up to my hairline. I hoped no one noticed. I couldn’t even look at Niall.

                “What movie should we watch?” Liam asked, trying to change the subject, as I seated myself on the love seat, crisscross-applesauce style.

                Jane immediately went to help Liam pick out the movie. Jane’s a huge move buff. She must have at least two hundred movies of her own at her house, if not more.

                “How’re you feeling today, love?” Harry asked, peering up at me from the floor.

                “Erm, I’ve been better, I guess,” I started, “but I definitely have been worse, too.  So, no complaints I guess.”

                “You gave her a nasty bruise, Harry.” Niall said, seating himself next to me on the sofa.

                “It’s not really that bad!” I said, trying not to make Harry feel bad.

                “Let me see it,” Harry said, getting up off the floor and sliding onto the love seat, squishing me into Niall. The sofa was definitely not meant for more than two.

                “Harry—“ I began to protest.

                “Just a peek!” He said, reaching for my head, trying to remove the Band-Aid.

                “No!” I whined. I didn’t want him to touch my head, because it was still tender, and I also didn’t really want him to see how horribly discolored my forehead was.

                “C’mon Emily!” Harry began to tease, his long, perfect fingers tangling themselves into my hair in an attempt to hold my head still.

                I leaned further back into Niall, trying to avoid Harry’s outstretched arms. “Get away!” I shrieked playfully. “Shoo!”

                “Please!” He whined, pouting at me. It was nice to just goof-off with Harry. It made my head hurt considerably less. I was trying not to laugh, and I could tell he was holding back one of his cupcake smiles too.