chapter 5: some support

Finn's POV

I walked in the front door of the house late in the afternoon. Rachel had a day off and had been home all day, I felt bad that I had to leave her, but I'm home now.

"Rach, I'm home!" I called, taking of my jacket and throwing it on the lounge. There was no answer... "Rach?" I called again. Still no answer.

"Rachel, where are you?" I said, getting nervous, as I quickly checked all the rooms downstairs. She was nowhere to be found, so I ran upstairs to our bedroom and opened the door.

I scanned the room before coming across Rachel now four months pregnant, lying on the bed. "Rach? What's wrong?" I asked, sitting on the bed, noticing her red face. I figured she had been crying.

She sat up and wrapped her arms around me and sobbed into my chest. "Hey... what's going on?" I asked again.

"Finn... I'm going to be an awful mother." She said quietly, through tears.

I squeezed her closer to me. "What are you talking about?"

"I was bored, home alone, so I started looking at parenting books, and I realised I don't know anything. I'm not prepared for this baby, it's going to hate me."

"Rach..." I said, trying to get her to look at me. "Rach, look at me" I said, lifting her chin and looking into her eyes. "We still have five months before you're due, that's plenty of time to learn all we are going to need to know about parenting. Trust me, you're going to be an awesome mum, I know it!"

She smiled, "you think so?"

"I know so," I said, drying her tears with my thumb.

"Thank you Finn, you always know how to make me feel better." She said hugging me.

"I love you," I said, kissing her forehead.

"I love y... Oww!" She said mid sentence, leaning back and clutching her small bump.

"What is it? What's wrong? It's the baby okay?" I said, worried.

"No, no, I'm fine. I didn't mean to worry you, the baby kicked! Feel this..." She said, taking my hand and placing it on her bump, leaving hers on top.

I smiled, "This is awesome, I love you babe,"

"I love you too," she replied, as we lay down on the bed and enjoyed feeling the kicking of our baby.

Ok that's it for this story I know it wasn't really a good ending but I didn't know where to go from there...I was thinking of just making this into a trilogy and making the next one about them and there new baby but not sure if you would like to see a sequel to this story to fully complete the story please let me know!!!!
Thanks for reading