chapter 2: the reception

Hey guys, this is the wedding recaption chapter, I know Finn had already performed 'Just The Way You Are' but I love the song and can see Finn singing it to Rachel on their wedding day.

Disclaimer- I do not own Glee, and 'Just The Way You Are' belongs to Bruno Mars

Rachel's POV

After our beautifu wedding ceremony, Finn and I had photographs taken before heading to our reception.

Now that Finn and I were officialy married, my nerves calmed down a lot and the cold from the snow hit me.

"Rach, you look freezing! Here..." Quinn said laughing and handing me a pair of white satin gloves and a wrap.

"Thanks Quinn," I said smiling.

A few hours later it was time for the recaption to start. Eveyone had taken there seats and were waiting for our entrance.

Kurt spoke into the microphone calling us in, "Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce, Mr. and Mrs. Hudson" Everyone stood and cheered as we walked in and took our seats at the front with the bridesmaids and best men.

My jaw dropped as I took in my surroundings. Like any bride would I had a lot of imput in choosing decorations but Kurt made all the final decisions and wouldn't reveal a thing. The tables had white lace table cloths with rose center pieces and the chairs had thick purple ribbon tied around the center.

But, the one thing that impressed me the most were the name lables. Each person had a gold star with there name written in silver glitter in the center.

"Kurt..." I started walking up to him, "this is... perfect! I can't thank you enough"

"You and Finn deserve it Rach," he said giving me a tight hug.

Finn's POV

The wedding reception looked absoloutly amazing and I made sure to thanked Kurt for doing such a great job. Rachel and I greated all our wedding guests and we recived many compliments and best wishes. We then ate dinner and then It was time for speeches.

I was suddenly very nervous again, but pulled myself together before I spoke.

"Rachel... I want to start by saying thank you. One- for being such an amazing girlfriend, fiancee and now wife. Two- For being your beautifu,l fun self no matter what anyone says and three- for accepting my proposal.""The list could go on.

I relaxed when people laughed.

Our relationship wasn't always perfect, but no matter what happened, you were the one that always new, somehow... we would work out. I have loved every minute of our relationship Rach, the good and the bad... because I now know, that no matter what happens, you, will be mine. I love you Rach, and I am proud to be married to such a beautiful, caring woman.

The guests cheered and I looked over to Rachel who was in tears. I pulled her up and kissed her, only making everyone cheer louder.

Puck made the next speech, I was a little worried about what he would say, but he is my best friend and he's always had my back.

"So... goodevening everyone" he began. "I would like to start by saying congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. Hudson, we always new this day would come. I have always been best friends with Finn, we have always been their for each other, through girl problems, school trouble, college decisions, more girl problems... but there was something about you being with Rachel that always made you happier.

Rach, on the other hand I haven't always been such good friends.

We all laughed as Rachel called from her seat, "you are formally forgiven Noah Puckerman!"

"Finn, man, I've dated Rach before and let me tell you she really is something special... you have finnaly got her, so don't let her go. Rach you will always be my hot little Jewish-American princess, and both of you, my life long best friends."

Everyone cheered and Rachel and I both stood to thank Puck.

Quinn was next, she stood from her seat next to Rachel to make her speech.

"Rachel, Finn, I would like to congratulate you both and wish you luck as you begin your journey as husband and wife. You have beem dating for long enough and I have been waiting for so long to be able to say... finnaly!" Finn, we have had our ups and downs during our Friendship, and Relationship but I'm glad we managed to work things out and here I am... making a speech at your wedding.

Rachel... we didn't start of on the best of terms, but you never really seemed to care. I couldn't have asked for two better friends.

And let me be the one to say... It's about time!"

We cheered and thanked Quinn, while making a toast.

After a few more speeches and toasts, it was time for mine and Rachel's first dance.

We started dancing and after a little while I whispered in her ear "You know I have never beem good at dancing."

"No" she replied "You've been practicing, your just perfect.

"I love you Rachel Husdon" I said, kissing her gently.

"I love you too Finn Hudson" she said, returning the kiss.

Rachel's POV

The wedding was going so perfectly, after our first dance, we cut the cake and then did a bit of karaoke. I have never been one for karaoke singing, but I had to admit, it was a lot of fun.

Just as midnight was aproaching Finn made an announcement.

"Rach..." he began. "I was thinking of something special I could do for you tonight, so with some help from Kurt and the other guys... this is for you..."

Ohh Her eyes, her eyes
make the stars look like they're not shining
Her hair, her hair
falls perfectly without her trying
She's so beautiful
And I tell her everyday (yeah)

I know, I know
When I compliment her she won't believe me
And it's so, it's so
Sad to think that she don't see what I see
But everytime she asks me "Do I look okay?"
I say

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are

.

Her lips, her lips
I could kiss them all day if she let me
Her laugh, her laugh
she hates but I think it's so sexy
She's so beautiful
And I tell her everyday

Oh you know, you know, you know
I'd never ask you to change
If perfects what you're searching for
Then just stay the same
So don't even bother asking if you look okay
'Cause you know I'll say

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are

The way you are
The way you are

Yeah

Half way through the song we were all dancing, and by the end, I couldn't help but cry.

It really was the perfect day...