songwriting with Justin

Once again when I walked off stage Carin gave me a big hug. “Great work,” She whispered. I smiled to myself. In moments like those I’d wish my mom was there. She was back home in our small town in West Virginia making sure my little brother went to school. My step-dad was there too. He would, sometimes, come on tour, but now they trusted Carin enough to let me travel on tour with her around the world. 

Carin pulled away, “I mean it. You belong on stage. No matter what you make the audience feel what you feel and you bond with them in a way some singers can’t even come close to doing.”

“Thanks, Carin,” I said, “for everything.”

Then the whole crew ran up to me- The band, dancers, Stevie, Justin, Scooter, Kenny, and Zoey. 

“Good job, everyone,” Zoey said, “You brought the song to life!” she ran over and hugged me. “I’m so proud of you! You show so much potential in the entertainment career!”  

“Thanks,” I said, “I’m gonna go change.” I turned to go back to my dressing room. I was halfway there I heard someone running behind me and calling my name. I looked back. It was Justin.

“Yeah,” I said, “what’s up, Bieber?”

“I just wanted to say that…” I cut him off.

“that I did great.”

“uhh, yeah.” he looked down at his feet, “I guess everyone has been saying that. It’s the truth.”

“Thanks, Jay.” I smiled and he looked up. “well, I gotta go get out of this dress.” I pointed to my sparkly silver dress. He nodded.

“I’ll wait for you out here.”

“Okay, I’ll be a few minutes.” I hurried into the dressing room. I grabbed a pair of dark blue jean shorts, a purple tank top, and a short-sleeved leather jacket. I changed my black cowboy boots to ankle-high purple converse. I took off the heavy make-up and put on a little green eyeshadow, mascara, and red lipgloss. I brushed my hair so it wasn’t a mess. It still had a slight wave. I smiled at my reflection in the mirror. My biggest dream has come true. I’m the role model to thousands of girls all across the world and I’m just singing my songs, being myself with the world.  I grabbed my phone and logged back onto twitter.

“@itsBritneycole13: I just finished Chelsea lately! I hope you liked my performance! Especially you,  Jake! :P” 

I retweeted some tweets from my fans. I loved making them happy just by clicking one button. I smiled as my mentions increased as my fans realized I was online.

“@itsBritneycole13: yes im online but I cant stay on too long.”

“@itsBritneycole13: #EveryRoseHasItsThorn  is gonna be the first single off my mini album.”

“@itsBritneycole13: I love you! Gotta go! :*”

I signed off twitter and grabbed my guitar and songbook. I sat down and was about to start writing there was a knock on the door. “Come in,” I yelled. The door opened and the person walked in. I looked up. It was Justin. “oh, sorry I forgot you were waiting,” I stammered.

“It’s okay, Britney,” he sat down next to me on the couch. He turned my songbook towards him. “Love hurts, but the knife of lying hurts more…” he looked at me, “not much of a beginning.” I looked away. “But I like it. I’ll help you write one. That is if you don’t mind.” I looked at him. His eyes showed how sincere he was.

“I’d love to,” I said, “lets write!” Justin laughed.

“okay,” he turned to a blank page, “we should start with a title so we know our main topic.”

“okay,” I thought for a minute, “how about ‘Heartbroken in Las Vegas‘?”

“Good! Now the first line…” we sat in silence until Justin jumped up. “I got it! ‘Vegas can be fun until you find the one you love in someone else’s arms.’ write that down!” I grabbed the songbook and wrote it down.

“okay. ‘it hurts so bad, it feels like my heart just got torn out of my body.’ how it that?”

“Good! Write it down!” I wrote it down and picked up my guitar.

“how should it start out like?” I asked.

“give me another pencil.” I did and he started drumming on the table. “Like this. Strum to the the rhythm.”

Soon the song was done and it had only been 20 minutes. “okay,” I said, “let’s play it all the way through.” (I’m gonna change the format so its easier)

Justin: Vegas can be fun until you find the one you love in someone else’s arms.

Britney: It hurts so bad, it feels like my heart just got torn out of my body.

Justin: Why does it hurt so much?

Britney: when it happens it makes Vegas seem like an ugly place.

Justin: I guess I could go out,

Both: but I know that won’t help me. It wont help. It’s too late. I’ve been Heartbroken in Las Vegas. Heartbroken in Vegas. 

Britney: tore me to shreds leaving this empty shell.

Justin: I’m there, but my mind isn’t. I’m torn apart inside.

Britney: why can it be like the movies? Where it doesn’t as much?

Justin: I didn’t want to lose, but I did.

Britney: I could break everything you gave me…

Both: (above)

Justin: I woke this morning,

Britney: and picked up the phone and put it down.

Justin: I should be happy because I’m in Vegas.

Britney: but I cant stop thinking about you.

Justin: I treasure all the memories before I found you hanging off some other guy.

Britney: I wont let it go. I’ll probably find another guy to take your place,

Both: (above)

Both: stupid Vegas. Why cant it be somewhere else? I’ve been broken in Las Vegas. Vegas Baby.  

“That sounded amazing, Justin!” I hugged him.

“I know! It should go on your album!”

“Oh gosh, yes! I recorded it.” I held up the recorder.

“Wanna show Carin and Scooter?”

“Yeah!” Justin grabbed my hand and lead me out of the room. We found them talking to Chelsea. Chelsea smiled at me. Then I realized what she meant. My hand was still in Justin’s. I pulled mine away. Justin didn’t notice.

“hey Chelsea!’

“Hello, Justin.”

Then he turned to Carin and Scooter. “Britney and I wrote a song.” 

“That’s great, Justin.” Carin said starting to turn back to Chelsea.

“We want to put it on my album,” I said,  “I have it recorded so you can hear it.”

Scooter smiled, “Lets hear it!” I hit play. Once it was over, Scooter was dazed, Carin dropped her jaw, and Chelsea was smiling huge.

“that was pure brilliance, courage, and boldness! It’s like pulling of a band-aid, revealing the wound.” Chelsea said, “I bet that your fans will love it just like ‘Every Rose Has Its Thorn’.”

“did you know that it is on of the trending topics right now?” Carin asked.

Thanks for reading! Keep reading, Comment, vote! 

Love ya,

~Bethanny<3:)