5 ℃

114 days before

"friendly reminder class, you have 3 months left to do this project, so work hard, i see you slacking in the back." Mr. Hayes voice spoke in his morning voice, clearly not wanting to be here. mondays suck. "you hear that Hemmings." i say nuding luke in his rib cage. "ow, and yes i hear that, look im almost done with the paper so all we have to do is the slides and structure." luke says rolling his eyes.

"but im trying to work as slowly as i can so i can spend more time with you." luke said having a devilish grin built on his face. "whatever, ill work on the slides tonight and then we can work on the structure together, i honestly want to get this project over soon." i smiled at him looking down at my phone. "or i could take you on a date tonight, and you can work on the slides next week." luke said catching me off guard, at first i thought it was a joke and i started slowly laughing but lukes face was still in a serious tone.

luke doesn't take girls out on dates, he goes to parties and has sex with girls, and i didnt think that would change, maybe i was wrong. "w-wait are you serious?" i ask luke looking him in the eyes with shock. he nods awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. "i thought you didnt take girls out on dates you are luke hemmings." i say laughing it off awkwardly.

"well, you're diffrent, i dont know how it happened but you, bella, have got me whipped." he laughs. i nod slowly, i didnt know how i was feeling about this, i kinda of felt bad considering in the end of all this im going to be breaking his heart, but thats simply how you play the game. "sure, ill go on a date with you." i say smirking, this is all a game, i have to keep reminding myself of this before i fall any harder.

"thats goo- great, that is great. ill come by later tonight and pick you up okay?" luke smiles awkwardly, this wasnt a regular luke smile, this was a genuine smile.

+

"thats great, just dont have sex with him in the back of his car." michael warns as i explain how luke asked me out on a date. "michael im not that stupid, i dont want his penis anywhere near me." i say
rolling my eyes at michael, who soon pulled into my driveway. where i saw lukes truck, i paused for a minute being confused as to why luke was even here. luke was waiting on my top porch step. "luke?" i ask getting out of the car, i could hear michael groan as i approach luke with a hug.

"hey, sorry i know its only like 4:30 but i couldnt wait to see you." he smiles shyly. "wow you changed lucifer." i laugh hugging him again. "hey now, no sex on the first date." michael groans sarcastically, i dont know why he kept bring up me and luke doing sex as if he didnt trust me. "but seriously, hemmo, if i hear that your penis went inside of my babygirl i will break you." michael warns pointing a finger to his chest. michael turned to me giving me a quick hug and a peck on my forehead. "im serious luke." michael pointed one more time at him.

"you sound like a dad." i say laughing slightly. "c'mon we gotta go before niki gets mad at me." luke says grabing my hand and pulling me to his truck. "whos niki?" i ask laughing as i buckle up. "the waitress at the diner im taking you to."

+

"this is honestly such a cute place." i say taking in the small diner that i never even knew existed. "yeah, i used to go here with my ex girlfriend." luke says awkwardly, i look at him a bit shocked, i know im always saying his a complete player, which he is, i didnt think he ever had a girlfriend once in his life. i mean it is pretty awkward to bring up your ex on your first date with someone new but i didnt sweat it.

"stop looking at me like that, i know its hard to believe i actually had a girlfriend at one point, but i did, and things went downhill, thats why i dont date any more." he looked down at his hands fumbling around with his phone. "im sorry luke, but i really wanna hear more please." i ask putting my hands in his, he looked up at me and gave me a weak smile.

"ill tell you more later, right now i wanna focus on you." he smiles pulling himself back. i nod. "okay so i dont know what to ask, i havent done this whole dating thing in awhile." he laughs fumbling around with his hands. i look around the small diner trying to figure out anything to talk about. but there was really nothing that screamed conversation starter.

+

the rest of the night was filled with us talking about stupid things in our childhood, when luke deiced to bring me onto his 'favorite spot', which was really just a secret spot underneath the pear at our local beach. yes we had a local beach, it was honestly so amazing and gorgeous at night, but you arent really allowed to go there at night.

luke layed one big blanket up on the sand laying down swiftly, i followed his actions as i propped my head up with my hands so i was facing his body. "this is beautiful." i say looking up at the sky, the night had just struck and all the stars were out. "this is like some cheesy romantic movie." i add laying back down on my back , just like luke.

"yeah it is," he pauses getting in the position i was just a few seconds ago. "but you know whats more beautiful than the sky, you." luke says a cheesy grin on his face. "oh my God , kill yourself." i groan laughing as i push him lightly. "usually girls blush and kiss the guy when he says that." luke says laughing again.

"well like you said, im diffrent than other girls." i state getting in the same position he was in so we were face to face. "yeah you really are, but i like it." he pauses looking at me with a slight smile. "i can tell you more about my ex girlfriend now, i trust you." he sighs pulling my hand in his. i nod encouraging him to continue.

"when i was a freshman, i dated this girl, she was perfect, long blonde hair, beautiful blue eyes, everything a guy could want. i mean shit she was a model. i loved her with every bone in my body, she said that she loved me too but i dont know if that was really true. it took me about three months to actually get the courage to ask her out on a date, but when i finally did i fell in love." he pauses laying down while looking up at the sky slightly smiling. "you dont ever except things to really happen, they just happen, and thats what happened with her, she came into my life at the least expected and i never wanted her to leave. about a year into the relationship she started to become distant, i never really understood and i was desperate for answers, im desperate guy. i finally built up the courage to walk to her house and ask her why she has been so distance, and i found her in bed with a guy who i believed to be my best friend,"

i look over at him shocked, as he sucks in some air. "and i guess thats why i havent been into a relationship since, im pretty scared that this would happen again." i look over at him as he layed there looking up at the sky. this time more of a confused and sad look on his face.

and thats how i knew two things, i have caught feelings for luke hemmings, and this is no longer a game anymore, this was a fight to hold back feelings.

+

word count: 1441

okay dont worry its still the whole game thing shes just saying that shes falling for him whole hes falling for her blah blah ,, ily all hope you have a wonderful day

(unedited)