Chapter 6

Alice's POV

It didn't last long before I heard a knock on the door. Jasper ignored it, so I did that too. Jasper run with his left hand through my short hair with his fingers. With his other hand was locked with mine. I felt his breath against my cheek. Again there was a knock. Impatient this time. I looked back at the door. Jasper grabbed my face gently with his hands and my head turned toward him so that I looked him straight in his eyes.

"Let them." He said soothingly. "They're coming for me. I have to go." I replied sadly. "Not until I've given you this."

He leaned over and pulled me a little more to him. As soon as his lips touched mine I felt all my emotions for him come up. Especially love, hope and desire. He reflected his own emotions at me with his gift. I felt his immense desire for me.

The kiss started very careful and gentle. But more and more passion, love and desire came up, so that the kiss was much deeper and rougher. Like it would be our the last kiss eve. As if it was a necessity of life. My desire for Jasper became bigger and bigger. Did no longer hear the knocking. Only he and I now existed.

I kissed him deeper and he kissed me just as deeply and lovingly back. He fell back on the bed and lay down beside him, half over him. "I love you." I said between our kisses in. "Impossible, I love you more." he said and kissed me again.

I started to open the buttons of my blouse, but Jasper stopped me.

"Honey, what are you doing?" He asked. "You know what I was doing." I said. I wanted to kiss him again, but Jasper stopped me. "Alice, I really want to ... but ..." He looked past me and I turned around.

I saw Felix and Demetri in the doorway. "Finished?" Felix asked mockingly. I sighed, but went off of Jasper. Demetri and Felix beckoned us to come with them.

Jasper stood up and grabbed my hand. Together we walked out of the room following Demetri and Felix to the throne room. "I'll get  you back as quickly as possible, Alice." Jasper whispered in my ear.

I tried to smile and failed. I glared at Aro's eyes when we entered the throne room.

"And? You said each othet goodbye?" He asked with an evil smile.

Jasper's POV

I growled at him. Alice nodded slightly. "Good, but I don't think it was nescesary... Eventually." Aro said.

What did he mean? Suddenly I felt hope. Would he let her go. Let her come home? With me?

Alice gasped for breath unnecessarily. As reflex I turned around to her and put a hand on her shoulder. She had a vision. I felt her emotion of sadness and longing for me turned into terror. I looked into her beautiful eyes. They were full of pain.

She gasped for air again and I knew that her vision was over. "Alice?" I said softly. Finally she looked at me. I knew something was wrong. I turned to Aro and growled.

"What are you going to do?" I asked. Aro smiled.

"I've recently moved to a new member on hold. David. I have never used his gift. This is the perfect opportunity. Course, I can not run the risk that you'll get her back. I use my mind."

I growled at him hard. I put an arm around Alice's waist and pulled her close to me. "What are you gonna do?" I cried with hatred.

"David can completely erase someone's memory ...  fascinating,  don't you think? You will not remember each other. You, Jasper will begin a new life, maybe you drink human blood again. Maybe you can find another woman ... and Alice ... You will always remain loyal to us. And we will make Demetri your partner! "

I felt intense anger. Never. Nobody took my wife. This should never happen.

Everything happened very quickly then. All in a few seconds. I saw David stepped forward and looked at me. I felt Alice has struggled out of my grip and ran forward, to ensure that he wouldn't erase my memory. Before I could even do something to stop Alice, she lay on the ground. Unconscious. I saw David stared at her. And I knew it had happened.

I wanted to run to her. Begging her to remember me. I wanted her in my arms. Tell her that I loved her, and that she would kiss me, but it was too late. Her memory was erased and I had no time to feel my pain.  I did not want to remove  Alice out of my mind. As fast as I could I ran out of the throne room. Away from Volterra. They were not fast enough.

When I was sure that they do not follow me I quit running. I fell to the ground and felt the pain took over my body. My Alice. How could I let this happen?

I screamed from the pain in my heart, I cried without tears, I felt like I was dead. My Alice ... I thought. She will never remember anything again.

Will be continued.