Chapter 0

Hello to all MakoHaru fanfic readers! And to those who aren't MakoHaru fanfic readers! This book is a sequel to my first book, For the Future. This chapter is basically the last chapter of that book. I also suggest you read For the Future before continuing. But hey, I'm not forcing you, since you're free! to do whatever you want *wink wink*

'I know, love.' Makoto thought to himself, dreamily. One day, Haru. One day, you'll be mine. One day, you'll really mean it when you call me 'love'.

Makoto had just got out of school. He was relieved, for he didn't have to go to school for another 2 days. The great thing about Friday is that you don't have to do your homework when you get home, you could just do it on Sunday.

Makoto heard his apartment's obnoxious doorbell ring as he dropped his book bag in his room. He rushed towards the door, and flung it open.

"Mail for Haruka Nanese," The man read.

"Thank you," Makoto nodded, taking the letter and closing the door.

'To: Haruka Nanese. From: Your college friends,' Makoto read. Aw, that's so sweet! I'm pretty sure Haru wouldn't mind me reading it. I mean, we're practically one person.

'Dear Haruka Nanese,
It's me, Daisuke. I just wanted to let you know that we hope you're feeling better.'

Wait, what?

'You've been gone for the whole week, and we wish that you come back. We miss you!
-Daisuke'

What does Daisuke mean 'Haru's been gone for the week?' That couldn't be...

'Hey Haru, it's Hiroki. Daisuke let us write a few messages to you as well. You seem really passionate about swimming, and I just wanted to let you know that there's a tournament coming up. Feel better soon!'
'Hey Haru! It's Makoto. How's your boyfriend doing? LOL, I'm joking. Tell him to respond to my texts!!'

Didn't I block her number?

Makoto put the letter back into the envelope.

Wait. If Haru hasn't been attending school, then what has he been doing this whole time? That explains why he looked so uncomfortable. Wait a minute...

Makoto ran to his room and opened up his laptop. He looked in the search history, and scroll all the way down to last week. Handjobs, masturbation, jealousy, signs of a relationship? What is he looking up? That can't mean... Haru is dating somebody.

Makoto sat there in silence, rethinking everything that has happened. All the way from the beginning, things were awkward. In grade school, Haru refused to do anything. He wasn't even that into swimming. In middle school, Haru and I kissed, but there was also that fight, so everything became neutral again. Sometimes we slept together in high school, but Haru was to busy swimming and taking care of Rin's problem to spend that much time with me.

Then, college came. I was so happy that Haru was going to be with me. But, I didn't like Haru at that time- or did I? I was in denial back then. Now I love him, but, he doesn't... Why doesn't... All of those things we did with each other. Do those mean nothing?

Makoto turned the laptop back on and went back to the search history. Signs of a relationship. He read through each and every one, stopping at the sixth.

'Do you not trust me, Makoto?' Makoto could hear Haru's mocking voice. Makoto shook his head in disbelief.

Whatever. I shouldn't be upset. As long as Haru is happy with whoever he dates. But... I am upset that Haru was skipping school to see his boyfriend. Makoto was slightly outraged. So we'll deal with this when we get home.