Chapter 3

"Arabella was raped Hayes"

Hayes' pov

The silence grew thicker in the room until we all heard silent footsteps come down the stairs.  We all turned towards the sound coming from the stairs and saw Ara . She wore an embarrassed look on her face "Hayes, let's talk"

My phone buzzed and I looked down at it

I'm on my way over there

It was my mom.

Mom is it fine if I sleep over?

I locked my phone and started making my way towards Ara as she approached the back yard. We sat on the edge of the pool our feet in the water. 

"So she told you, huh?"

"Yea . . . ." I said awkwardly, "why didn't you?"

She sighed "Because Hayes, you never gave me the chance to"

I sat there quietly in shame. Looking at her after a long while. Her eyes bloodshot, tears running down her cheeks. She was crying.

Arabella's pov

"Because Hayes, you never gave me the chance to" I said as I soon started to quietly cry.

He sighed and pulled me onto his lap, putting his hands around my waist, and putting his head on my shoulder.

"If I would've known he forced himself on you I wouldn't have left and I would've beat the shit out of him" he said quietly so only I could hear.

I could feel his tears on my shoulder, he was crying. I stood up from his lap turning myself around so I could straddle my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

He smiled, letting out a slight sniffle. "Don't cry" I said putting on a smile wiping his tears away.

I felt a buzz come from his phone. He pulled it out, looking at the notification he got. "Mom said I could sleep over, wanna try and pull an all nighter so we can talk?" He asked me with a smile on his face trying to get me to say yes.

"Okay, but how about we bring some blankets and lay them out so we can look at the stars?" I asked him. He nodded rapidly.

He set me on the floor and off his lap standing up then reaching for my hands so he could pick me up. I laughed "Thanks".

We both walked back into the house to find Nash and Alex passed out on the couch cuddling.

I looked back at Hayes to see him gazing down at his phone "My mom said she's outside, she came to pick Sky up"

"Ah okay, well c'mon" I said to him grabbing his soft warm hand and dragging him upstairs to the guest room where I set Sky to sleep.

He carried her bridal style down the stairs. I ran ahead so I could open the door and lead him towards his moms car so I could also open the door.

"She fell asleep an hour after she ate, so I set her down in the guest room on the second floor so she wouldn't be bothered by noise" I said smiling at the sleeping girl.

"Honestly Ara you are an amazing babysitter, thank you, and have a great night" she said giving me a slight hug. I hugged her back "Thanks Elizabeth, I'll see you later" I said backing away from the car door.

"Hayes . . . . ." she said in a some what ominous voice, ", don't do something you'll regret"

She rolled the window up and after that slowly back out of my driveway. I hid my grin as best as I could until it became quite impossible and I broke out into a massive laughing fit.

"Stop laughing" he said quite embarrassed. Then he grabbed my waist and put me over his shoulder grabbing my legs so I wouldn't fall off.

"Lets goooo" he said and started to walk into the house closing the door behind him.

"Hayes put me down please" I said to him with a puppy dog face and he did as I asked. We made our way upstairs and grabbed a few blankets and pillow.
__

We sat down on the floor finally having finished setting ourselves up. I sat on my back and he set his head on my stomach. I laughed "What are you doing you doofus"

"It's comfortable and comforting" he said innocently I laughed once again at his childish remark. And after that, besides each other's presence, silence was the only thing we needed.

And I sometimes casually combed my hand through his soft wavy brown locks, something I used to do when we were in a relationship. Something that would always calm him down. Something that would usually help him sleep.

His breathing became slow and deep, he fell asleep. I sighed closing my eyes and slowly drifting off into nothingness.

//BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP//

My alarm rung loudly. I opened my eyes to find myself in my bedroom, in the clothes I had on last night.

Was that Hayes thing a dream? What happened?

I stood up looking at all of the solo cups and water bottles near the foot of my bed. Yep totally a dream, huh so he hasn't found out yet and still probably totally hates me. Wow great I'm so happy things are still slightly normal.

I rolled my eyes and started to choose my outfit. Choosing my black leggings, an oversized grey and white felt sweater, my slightly ripped jean jacket, no contacts so my brown glasses, and my white high top converse, with my black hair up in a cute messy bun.

I walked casually down the stairs and saw Hayes still at my house

I walked casually down the stairs and saw Hayes still at my house. "Why are you still here, don't you have to go to school too?" I asked in annoyance.

"Yes" he said rolling his eyes after, ", after you passed out from drinking your problems away, I took you to your room and right as I set you down my mom called saying I had to sleep at your house because she had to go for a quick business trip" he said sipping the coffee which was clearly for me.

I took the cup out of his hand and filled it up with the only coffee left. "Where's Nash?" I asked. "He and Alexa took Skylynn to elementary, told me to tell you that he left the Tylenol and Advil in the 'Secret Cabinet' with a $100 so you could buy a dress for dinner, it appears that I'll be joining and so will my mom" he said frankly a bit bored.

"Oh okay, well I'll get that when I'm back from school, already took some pills to calm my head, and I got questions." I said quickly.

"Hm?" He hummed.

"You need a lift to school?"

"Yea sure"