Hunters

(5 months later)

Kate and I are heading back to our territory. There was a rabid werewolf ten miles east of it. Kate and I took care of him, didn't want it to kill or turn anyone. Since we are in our wolf form we are going a little faster than normal. All of a sudden we hear a twig snap and we whirl around, I release a growl when I see a young girl in silver with a bow pointed straight at us. She sends the arrow straight at us and we jump aside. We take off running, heading away from the pack. We can't lead the hunters back to it, they'd kill our family. I hear Kate yelp and quickly turn to see her stopped with an arrow in her back leg. The hunter steps towards us and I jump at her. She screams and I bite her bow, crushing it in my jaws.

(Thalia pov)

Lady Artemis just returned from Olympus. She walks to us, the look on her face shows that something is wrong.

"Lady Artemis", I ask.

"The hunt has been ordered to track Percy Jackson down and bring him to Olympus", she tells us.

"What, but the gods said, YOU said that Percy was dead", I say my voice shaking and my throat feeling tight.

"We lied, Percy never died. The gods tried to kill him when we discovered that he had been turned into a werewolf. Now there is a prophecy and we believe that he is in it", she answers.

"What was the prophecy", I ask.

"The earth and time shall rise again

To regain what they have lost,

The betrayed hero will lead the victorious

With the forgotten warriors at his side,

The prince of wolves shall find his fate

and the princess shall rise to lead in his place",

she recites. I go to respond but I am cut off by a scream in the distance.

"Abby's out there", Phoebe yells. We all grab our bows and run towards the scream. As we reach the clearing we see Abby on the ground. Her bow is in pieces at her feet. Not far from her is a large black wolf growling and standing protectively over a white wolf. The white wolf is whining and has an arrow in its back left leg, blood drips down its leg tainting it's pure white fur. Artemis steps out slowly between Abby and the Wolves. Why did Abby shoot at the wolves? Artemis catches the black wolf's attention immediately, and it growls at her warningly, obviously not wanting to fight.

"Easy boy, I'm just going to help her", Artemis says soothingly, taking a couple of steps toward them. He stops growling and allows Artemis to sit down next t them. He sits next to Artemis as she begins to pet the white wolf. He watches Artemis's every move. Artemis moves her hands to the arrow and quickly pulls it out.

The white wolf lets out a loud painful yelp and the black one goes back into protective mode, growling dangerously at Artemis.

"Shh, I'm sorry, I had to get it out, it's okay", she says still being gentle and quiet. The black one calms down again, still watching everything. Artemis looks at the white wolf's wound closely. Her eyes widen and she jumps up and backs away from the wolves, grabbing her bow.

"What's wrong", I ask.

"She's burned where the arrow was, they're werewolves", she answers. We all quickly point our bows at them, arrows notched. "Shift now", Artemis orders.

The white wolf slowly struggles to stand and both wolves shift.

"Percy", I whisper.

"Lady Artemis, Thalia", Percy greets politely. The white wolf which shifted into a blonde teen with blue eyes is leaning on Percy, sweat, and pain clear on her face.

"Percy what are you doing out here", I ask.

"We were taking care of a rabid werewolf, didn't want anyone to get hurt", he says looking at the hunt warily. He seems so scared of us right now, but we wouldn't hurt Percy. At least I don't think Artemis would.

"We know the male, who are you", Phoebe asks the girl.

"I'm Kate", she answers with pain clear in her voice.

"You need to come with us Percy the council wants to see you", Artemis says. He shakes his head.

"I'm sorry Lady Artemis, but I cannot go with you. Last time I saw the gods they tried to kill me, you included. Besides that Kate is hurt and I won't leave her here on her own. I need to get her home so she can be helped", he replies.

"Then we shall accompany you both back", Artemis says.

"NO", Kate says through gritted teeth. "You will come nowhere near my pack", she states.

"I do not take orders from you wolf", Artemis replies. Kate growls at Artemis and goes to move until Percy grabs her hand.

"Don't Kate, you don't want to pick a fight with them", he says.

"But Percy", she goes to say.

"No Kate, I'll take care of it ok, they won't hurt anyone", he tells her then turns to Artemis. "If you come with us you have to swear on the Styx that you and your hunters will not hurt my pack in any way, and I will swear that my pack won't hurt you or your hunters", Percy negotiates.

"I swear it on the Styx", Artemis says.

"I also swear it on the Styx, Percy says.

"Lead the way", Artemis orders wearily.