Chapter II

To get you guys in the mood...

https://youtu.be/AJUKOdehuiI <--- "Chatanooga Choo Choo" by Glenn Miller

Listen to the above song first.

https://youtu.be/6l6vqPUM_FE <--- "I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire" by The Ink Spots

Listen to this one when it is mentioned later on.

--------

Pardon me, boy

Is that the Chattanooga choo choo?

"What is this place called?" I asked Steve, straining to be heard over the music.

"I'm not sure. Why don't you ask Bucky?" Steve said and motioned his head to Bucky.

"Ask Bucky what?" Bucky turned around to look at Steve and I. He went over to my left and took my left arm to link it around his right one. "What's the matter, doll?" he said, his face closer to mine.

Track twenty-nine
Boy, you can gimme a shine

I shook my head. "I was just asking Steve what this place was called."

I looked up for him and I saw him looking around the dance hall. "I believe it's called 'House of Ardor'."

"Ah, I see." We approached a small, round table with four chairs. Bucky went over and opened a seat for me, and I smiled at him while I sat down.

"What would you two like to drink; it's on me tonight." He looked at Steve and I.

I looked over at Steve and gave him a questioning look in an attempt to urge him to go first. "Um, I'll take a coke, Buck."

"Ah, no Stevie. Like I said, it's on me tonight, so please, don't just choose a coke."

I chuckled and Steve sighed. "Fine, Buck. I'll have a beer. Is that better?"

Bucky howled in laughter and patted Steve's back. "'Atta boy!" He turned to me, his face still bright in excitement. "And for the lady?"

"I'll take a beer too," I said, causing Bucky's smile to widen even more.

"Two beers, coming right up," he said and winked at me before turning on his heel and heading to the bar.

I edged my chair closer to Steve's and I set my arms on the table before setting my chin on my hands.

"You said he was a ladies' man but I didn't think he was like that with every woman." I said.

Steve laughed. "Don't underestimate James Barnes."

"That won't happen anytime soon."

"Usually they respond differently, though."

"What do you mean?" I asked and cocked my head to the side.

He shrugged. "You just seem so nervous around him. Then again, I get it. You're not like the girls he usually flirts with."

"How am I?"

"I'm not sure how to explain it, but you're just different. You know I'm not too good at explaining."

I nodded. "Yea, I know."

"Can I ask you something, Eva?"

"Of course, Steve."

"Why haven't you been in a relationship?"

I sighed. "Well, Steve," I said and chuckled, "I can give you more than one reason for that. To start off, I'm not exactly a great candidate."

"Yes you are. You're beautiful and smart and very generous."