Chapter Three: Christopher Maurice Brown

SABTI POV

I can't believe DeVante just walked out like this....with a to-go box at that! I can't right now, I seriously can't! Woosah, Sabti. Woo-muthafuckin'-sah. I put away the breakfast, took a bath, made some to-go boxes and drove off. I dropped off the boxes at a local homeless shelter and headed to the nearest Starbucks. If DeVante wasn't going to eat my food, I know someone else would! I absolutely HATE Starbucks! I don't drink coffee that's why haha. The reason I'm even here is to meet up with one of my students, Teyana Taylor to discuss the grade on her writing project. Teyana's mom and I are close friends so we go WAAAAAAY back. 

Me: T.T.!

Teyana: What up, teach?

Me: Sorry I'm late, baby girl.

Teyana: Lemme guess, problems with King Swing?

Me: Was it that obvious?

Teyana: Yup! I'm trying to tell you, you should CREEP! Yeah....just keep it on the down low, so nobody is supposed to know!

She got up and started doing the TLC dance. I tried to keep a straight face, but she made me laugh. 

Me: Stop it! I'm not going to cheat on my husband. Even if our marriage is a....mess.

Teyana: Listen, you're like a second mutha to me, so I'm seriously concerned about you and DeVante. If he loves you, he needs to let it show. 

As much I hate to admit it, she's absolutely right. DeVante used to send me so many flowers that you'd think someone died. Now I'm lucky if he brings me a 4 leaf clover!

Me:  Enough about me, why did you get a C on this paper?

Teyana: See, what had happened was---

I playfully rolled my eyes. This girl is a clown and I can't take her. I was in the middle of my sentence when a strapping young man walking up to our table. He had a mega-watt smile and was clean cut. I guess he was no more than 20-21. 

Chris: What's good, sis?

Teyana: Hey Breezy!

I watched as they hugged. The gentleman glanced over at me and smiled. I blushed because it had been a while since a man smiled at me.

Chris: Whose your friend?

Teyana: This is my teacher/godmother Sabti Zuniga. Sabti, this is one of my best friends, Chris Brown.

Me: How do you do?

Chris: I'm good, what about you? I'm a fan of your work.

Me: Fine now. Thank you, I appreciate that very, very very much. 

Chris: You're absolutely beautiful.

Me: Thank you.

Chris: Am I interrupting anything?

Me: Uh...not really. Sit down and join us.

Teyana: I'm going to the bathroom...I'll be back soon.

She got up and Chris sat in her seat, glancing at me. Something about his eyes drew me in...it as though he knew me all my life. 

Chris: Can you sign this book for me? 

I took the book and gave my John Hancock. I looked back at him and we smiled at one another.

Chris: Thank you so much.

Me: No problem!

Chris: You know what else would make me happy?

Me: Hmmm?

Chris: I'd love to have dinner with you.

Me: Oooh, it sounds tempting but I have to tell you something.

Chris: What is it?

Me: I'm married.

I flashed my ring and he sighed.

Chris: Why are all of the good ones married? Ya husband must be one lucky man.

Me: If he only realized that, it would make me a lot happier!

Chris: You'll end up killing all the love you have inside if you keep at it that way. I--

Teyana: Boy, get out my seat!

Chris: Shut up,  I was keeping Sabti company.

Me: I have to get to a business meeting, but it was nice to meet you Christopher.

I got up, hugged Teyana and smiled at Chris before leaving. What he said left an impact on me....

You'll end up killing all the love you have inside if you keep at it that way. I--

....what did he mean? Better yet, should I find out?

I don't know about this, I really don't know.