June 11, 2013

First day of school.

Damn.

I kicked off my bed's covers and went over to my dresser. I really hate these kind of days. Its one of those days where you have the urge to hate and puke at everything you see. I pulled out a white shirt and my signature vest. I wasn't always a fashonista, but ever since puberty struck, I'm more self-conscious at almost everything I do. I guess that's normal though. I decided to go for my black skinny jeans which I ripped last week.

I don't really know why I ripped it, I just woke up that morning and I was mad at everything.

I laid my clothes on my bed and went straight to my bathroom. It took me a lot of pursuading to get my own bathroom. Luckily, my mom easily gets flattered at a simple "Hi mom, your so pretty today, are you sure your not single?" and poof I have my own bathroom.

I have this shampoo that can lighten your hair colour so I used that, and began washing my hair. I washed my body with peppermint-scented body wash. I don't need to put in details on how I take a bath right?

After drying myself and blowdrying my hair, I got into my clothes and slipped on my white converse. I got my book bag and dragged myself to school.

~

I have never been this self-conscious before. The minute I walked into that classroom, I felt everyone's eyes on me. It feels like being a naked zebra in front of hungry lions. As I walked to the back of the class, I can feel their eyes burn the back of my head.

There was this girl though. Acne was all over her cheeks and forehead, she had brownish skin, and her hair was brownish and kind of frizzy and they were in braids. She looked like a third-grader. She seemed nice. I held out my hand, "Hi."

To my surprise, she shook my hand and said with a highy squeaky voice, "Hello."

I must really suck at judging people. So, I simply smiled and sat on the chair two seats away from her, nearest to the window. But unfortunately, a fair-skinned girl sat next to me. And apperantly, she was a bleached copy of annoying brown girl. She said hello. I said hi, then smiled, then ignored her. I sigh internally, I guess I'm gonna be a loner the whole year. How wonderful.

I got out a copy of the students I'm stuck with for a whole year. And before you ask, my high school is a bit different than the usual schools. School here starts at June and ends on March, each student is assigned to one classroom/section and every student in that section has the same schedule. I don't if your school runs this way, but some schools don't run that way so, might as well clear that up.

My eyes ran over to each of the names, nothing interesting. But only one caught my eye, Red Williams. Why is this one on the boys category? Isn't Red a girl's name? I bet this one's gay...

Red Williams. Its eye catching .

All the seats have been taken so far. Its only the teacher we're waiting for. I really just want this day to end, I'm not really in the mood to introduce myself over and over.

It happens every year. You go in front tell something about yourself then every one asks questions. Its quite boring unless you really REALLY want to pay attention. I was reading the list again when I sort of felt someone else's presence in the room. I know, its creepy.

Some well-toned guy came in the room in a beige uniform. That's our teacher? Well he looks... presentable. So I guess that's a good sign. He has this cut on his upper lip that I cant stop staring at. I set down my list and brought out my book. I held it up to my nose so only my half of my face was exposed. I probabbly look like one of those creepy stalkers on TV.

I swear, this is going to be some weird school year.

~

Afternoon came by in flash. Well, at least for me.

For every one hour, one student must at least volounteer to go in front and introduce herself. Then she must tell something about herself. I only introduced myself once, but I dont think anyone really paid attention. The only one listening is the teacher. I'm gonna be honest here, I'm a really good public speaker. I may not look like one at first since I'm known as 'the girl who sits in a corner and reads'. But I've seen so many people-brave people-go in front, commit mistakes, get nervous and embarass themselves, so I kinda picked up alot from them.

Only a few students volunteered. While they were speaking my mind kept wondering back to Red Williams. Is it wrong to get curious and wonder about this person? Well, I hope not. As creepy as it sounds, I really wants to see this guy's face. Like right now. But I'm not just curious about Red, theres this girl. Her name is Beatrice. She's a short girl with light brown hair and pale skin. I just got curious, she doesnt look like she's from around here.

I got curious at almost all of my classmates, I actually had the urge to go and talk to them, but I just brushed it off. Its not like they'd want to talk to me anyway.

After class, I rushed out of the classroom. As I was about to walk towards the staircase, I bumped into someone, making me drop the book I was holding. I was about to pick up my book when someone had already beat me to it. I looked up, hoping to see Red, but I met someone else instead. Dark brown eyes staring directly at mine. It's Gary. How could he be here? I thought he already transferred to Brightwoods. I simply stared at him as he smiled. "Good to see you Sam" he said. Even though I havent done it in a while, I smiled. "You too. I'll see you around" I said. He handed me my book then I turned back to the staircase and let him standing there. The thing is, Gary and were really close, then he asked me out one night, and I said yes. We dated for about a month, but we broke up since we saw each other as 'more than friends' than lovers. If you know what I mean.

As I went down the stairs, my thoughts went back to some certain students. Meg, Brandon, Larissa (the annoying brown girl), Christina (the bleached version of Larissa), Donny and Beatrice. Meg has good leadership skills, Brandon is a good singer but he's quite annoying, Larissa and Christina are both annoying and childish, Donny is smart and knowledgeable, Beatrice is polite, and our teacher, Mr. Henry, is really nice. They tried to talk to me but I wanted to ignore them, I dont really want to be rude, so I simply stared at them and only said a few words. Nothing important.

I still havent met Red, maybe he volunteered and I just never noticed. I was holding a book the entire class, I cant help it if I want to read. A few days from now, is going to be Election Day. Hopefully, Red will turn up soon.