Chapter 18

"Where the fuck did she go?"

"I don't know!"

Wave and the woman with the whip were still fighting. The man was growing tired but the woman's still cracked hard at him.

"What? Is it too much for you?" she asked.

The man stepped on a stone at he hadn't noticed. Seeing her opportunity, the woman whipped his legs as Wave was recovering. The whip cut right through Wave's teigu, scathing his knees.

It was all Wave could do to nor scream in pain. Grand Chariot's armor went away as he was sitting on his knees and holding his sword up.

The woman whipped the sword out of Wave's hands and kicked him so he laid on the ground. She put her foot on his chest, then lowered so she could lift his chin and look at his face.

"I'm impressed, Mr. Wave. Even if you couldn't stand up to me, you did a pretty good job holding me out 'till now. But, now I am standing above you."

She let the tip of her whip go across Wave's cheek, making it bleed. Although it hurt Wave, he didn't change his expression or make any noise.

"What? Cat got your tongue?"

Just then, Akame swung Murasame at the woman. The woman with the whip noticed it quickly and slipped out of the way.

"Oh? I'm guessing that she's your lover?"

Wave tried to stand up. His legs stung so much that he only collapsed.

"Be careful Akame! That whip of hers can go through any material!"

She nodded and stared at the woman.

"By the way, the name's Satomi."

"You won't have a name in a few minutes," Akame replied.

"Is that a threat?"

Satomi flicked her whip. She slowly walked closer to Akame.

"Now Mine!" Akame shouted.

A ray of light beamed towards Satomi's face. The woman held up her hands, the destructive laser-like light going through.

"M-my whip!" she yelled. She tried to pick up the whip, but her thumb would not move.

Akame stood right above Satomi.

"Exterminate," she said. She slewed the woman and kicked the body to the ground.

"There she is!" a voice yelled in the distant. It was the two men who were attacking Akame earlier.

She looked over at Wave.

"Are you good?" she asked.

"I can't get up but yeah."

"Don't die yet Wave," she said softly. She kneeled down to him and smiled.

"I'll try," he whispered. He touched Akame's face, then dropped his hand.

"Go get them Akame!"  he said cheerfully.

The assassin nodded and stood up. She looked back at Wave, then went to kill her ambushers.