Chapter 30

Akame stopped. The sound of Mine's footsteps had stopped. She turned around to see the bags that Mine had held laying on the ground without Mine. Her heart raced.

"MINE!" she screamed after she searched the area. No response.

Realizing that the child she promised to watch over was gone. Cold sweat dripped down her cheek. After picking up the bags, she raced back to the hideout.

"WAVE! RUN!"

The two men looked at her. Akame took heavy breaths and dropped with the bags.

"Mine is gone."

"What? Where to?" Run asked worriedly.

"I don't know! Why else would I be here's without her?!"

"Shouldn't we go after her?" Wave asked.

Something whizzed past Akame and into the wall. A piece of paper was attached to it. Frantic, the woman tore the arrow out of the wall and read the note.

"Hello Dearest Akame and Comrades. I'm sure you're wondering where your precious Mine is. Your newest ally Run has figured out where we are. So, if you want her back, you might want to hurry. We will be executing her soon, and we don't want you to miss the show. Do realize that we have eyes everywhere and if you are caught, you too will undergo what Mine is. Have fun and enjoy the show! From Anonymous."

The woman rushed toward Run and grabbed his shirt.

"Where the hell are they?" she asked through grit teeth.

"I honestly don't know exactly where. I showed Mine on this ma..."

"On what?"

"It's gone. The map!"

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!"

A hand touched Akame's shoulder. The woman turned around to see it was Wave, a sympathetic smile on his face.

"It's okay. We're going to find her before anything happens to her," he said in a calm, collected voice.

Akame let go of Run's shirt and took a deep breath. She turned to Wave and nodded.

"Alright, fine. I trust you can find her, right Run?"

"Yeah, I'll make sure we rescue her in time."

The woman sighed and grasped tightly onto Murasame's hilt. Once Wave and Run were ready, they departed to go search for Mine against time.