Chapter 24

"Run?"

Wave had hobbled to the doorway.

"Oh, Wave's here too. You don't look all that great old comrade," Run said.

The winged man descended to the ground. He walked up to the very frightened Mine and held his hand to her.

"I'm sorry dear if I scared you. Don't worry, I'm not here to hurt you or your..."

Run looked up curiously at Akame and Wave.

"Guardians?"

Akame choked on a laugh. Wave looked away, blushing intensively.

Mine took Run's hand. She was amazed at how young he looked. His golden eyes were still so bright, even though when closely examined, you could see the sadness that had occurred in his life.

"It's okay," she said shyly.

Something about Run seemed... interesting to her.

"What are you doing here?" Wave asked.

"Well, after the explosion at your building, I got suspicious. Then when Moriyama got killed, I started to investigate. Everything was fine for a while until your last encounter with the enemy. So, I decided to come confront you guys and see if I can be of any assistance."

"Better late than never I guess," Akame mumbled.

Run laughed.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't want to disturb the peace between you three, that's all."

Akame raised her eyebrow, then turned around. She slipped her arm under Wave's and helped him stand up.

"This doesn't really seem all that peaceful, but okay," Akame said, rolling her eyes.

Wave whispered something inside Akame's ear. She sighed, then nodded.

"So, how are you going to help?" Wave asked.

"I'll aid you in your encounters. That boy who could use his shadow as his weapon will be hard to defeat, but I could stall him for a while."

"Doesn't your imperial arm have the feathers of your wings shoot out like arrows?" Mine asked.

"Yep. I guess you learned that in school, right?"

Mine looked up at Run. As her eyes met his, she blushed.

"Um, yeah."

The man smiled.

"I used to be a teacher. It must be a pleasure to have you as a student. Perhaps I may help you in your studies when I have the time."

Wave and Akame looked at each other. A smile grew on their faces. Run turned his head and shot them an evil glare.

"Well, why don't you come inside and join for breakfast since you're going to joining us in our 'adventure'," Akame suggested.

"That sounds great."

Run walked ahead and opened the door. Akame and Wave went inside first. When Mine walked inside, Run tapped her shoulder.

"By the way, I'm not really that formal. I was just... playing their little game."

Mine nodded.

"Okay, 'cause for a second there I thought I was going to have to be formal as well."

"Oh, well that would've sucked," Run laughed.

A large smile grew on Mine's face.

"Mhmm."