Chapter 25

Everyone sat in the living room. Run observed the room while nodding in approval.

"Well, now that we have Run, this should be easier. We shouldn't let our guard down though. We're not invincible," Akame said.

"Agreed."

Run walked over to Akame.

"Here."

He handed her a box of chocolate Pocky. Akame looked at it for a minute before slowly taking it.

"What's this for?"

"Let's just say that this is an apology gift. I know that this is late, but I'm sorry for your loss. I've paid my respects, but I'm sure you've suffered more than any of us. I remember how she ate a lot of sweet snacks, Pocky being one of her favorites."

A tear ran down Akame's cheek. She wiped it away and smiled at Run.

"Thanks," she said as she opened the box.

Mine cleared her throat. She crossed her legs and looked at everyone.

"I've noticed that Night Raid and the Jaegers are sort of alike."

"Now that you mention it, when we had captured Tatsumi and before we realized he was one of the Revolutionaries, he said something like that," Wave commented.

Suddenly, there was a growl. Wave and Mine jumped. Run began to laugh while Akame kept a straight face.

"Is someone hungry?" Run asked, looking away from Akame.

"I'll make lunch," Akame and Wave said together.

"Very well. I'll go ahead and teach Mine some things that might be useful."

Everyone nodded.

"We'll call you inside for lunch," Akame said.

"Right."