Chapter 1: Stupid Locker

Thank you so much for giving my book a chance! *hands everybody a lollipop🍭* I really hope you enjoy reading it and stay with it till the end. I'm warning you, there may be some spelling mistakes and typos, but I'd really appreciate it if you could politely point them out. I do try my best to edit my work, but I am human after all (or am I? 🙊).

Disclaimer (PLEASE READ):
Okay, so I just wanted to say that this book will have some dysfunctional family problems faced by both characters. It will also include a whole bunch of lessons on friendship. However, it shouldn't be depressing, but I will warn you at the start of the chapter if something triggering comes up. Apart, from that, I really really do hope you enjoy my story. (And thank you so much for giving it a chance. 😇)

©Copyright2016
All Rights Reserved.

Change is hard at first, messy in the middle and gorgeous at the end.
- Robin Sharma

Chapter 1: Stupid Locker

Good authors need good stories. Good stories need good plots. And apparently, good plots need a good beginning, middle and ending.

But what if I don't want my story to end? What if I want it to carry on forever?

I've never been a fan of change; change brings about the possibility to trying something new and I have a perfectly rational fear of trying new things. Whether it's drinking fizzy drinks for the first time or going out to party, I'd rather stay in my comfort zone.

"Allison, hurry up and move please." Mrs Lester ushered me as I slowly lifted myself from the seat.

Most would say I'm a good girl of some sort, but even good girls want to sit next to their friends.

So right now, as Mrs Lester is pestering me to leave behind my best friend Stacy and move next to some random girl I've probably never spoken to for my entire high school life, I can't help but throw her the dirtiest dirties my eyes can muster up.

I don't like change. I don't like change. I don't li- I chanted as I shuffled my equipment to my new seat on the other side of the classroom.

The class was staring at me as the boy who'd previously sat next to Maddison accommodated himself in my chair.

Before reaching my new place, I sent a sorrowful and longing look back at my old seat and Stacy. She stifled a smile at my natural over reacting personality making me want to stab her with a pencil.

"Hi!" my new seat buddy for History chirped as I purposefully scraped the chair on the floor.

Fortunately for the rest of the class, carpet lined the room, therefore, they weren't subjected to that screeching sound.