Chp6: Craven & Victoria Loveless

ROSE'S POV

I recognized this house.

"Craven." I whispered and jumped off Jace's back.

"Rose, what did you say Craven looked like?" Aiden asked.

"He had light blue eyes and a beard. His hair was kinda squirrelly and a dark brown. He was fairly muscular." I smiled remembering the last memory I had of him. I turned to look at Jace. "Is he here?"

Jace looked at me and nodded his head. As soon as he did that motion I ran into the castle, throwing the doors open.

"Rose! Wait!" Jace and Aiden called after me.

I haven't seen him in years. Does he still remember me? There was a red carpet leading somewhere, so I thought that would be the best place to start, and I followed it. I ran down the long hallway and took many turns, left and right, going up and down many stairs with one person on my mind: Craven.

"Rose! Stop!" Jace and Aiden were still chasing after me, but I couldn't stop. Craven. He's all I think about now that I know he's here. He's alive. I'm not obsessed or anything, but he was all I had left after my family ditched me. He took care of me like I was his own.

I stopped at the end of the hallway, in front of 2 enormous wooden doors. He's behind these doors. He's gotta be.

"Rose! Please, stop! Don't open those doors!" Jace yelled at me, and I listened this time. They caught up to me quickly.

"Fuck, child. You run quicker then I thought you would." Aiden said panting.

"Dammit, Rose! You need to listen to me when I say people something because one day you're gonna get yourself killed!" Jace yelled at me. I just looked at the floor. He sighed. "I'm sorry for yelling at you. We have to walk in together because if there's other Vampires in there they will attack you unless they see who your with. Just trust me okay?"

"Okay." I whispered.

He grabbed my hand and held it as we pushed open the doors, Aiden behind us.

"Halt!"

Jace glared at the guards that were sudden in front of us. "What?" Jace said with an attitude.

"You can't be in here." One said.

"Do you know who I am?" Jace asked.

"No, nor do I care. Leave now or face the consequences of death. Your Fairy friend will not like what we have in mind for her." Another said and a few laughed.

"Andrew, enough!" A voice said behind the guards. "Your consequence will be death or banishment. This is Prince Jace you nitwit."

They gasped and got down on one knee with their heads down. "I'm sorry, my Prince. We haven't seen you in so long that-"

"Shut it." Jace said. "There's no excuse for stupidity. I'm a Vampire. I don't change much. Your consequence will be banishment, but only because I'm feeling generous today." He glanced at me and then back at the guards. "That's for all of you." They got up and left and as they did, the person behind them came into view.

I dropped Jace's hand and took a step forward. "Craven?" I whispered. He looked different then from what I remember, it wasn't a big change, but it was different. He had a small man-bun on top of his head and gauged his right ear. 

"Rose..." It wasn't a question. We both ran toward each other, meeting in the middle, hugging. He lifted me and spun me around. "I thought you were dead. I didn't know what happened to you. I'm so sorry I left for so long."

I started crying. "It's okay. I forgive you. You didn't do it purposely." We let go of each other. I cried a little harder and laugh a little. "What did you do to your ear?" I flicked his singular gauge ear.

He smiled and laughed. "I lost a bet with Victoria. What happened to your cheek?" He brushed his finger across it.

"When I was at the auction, things got a little out of hand, but it's done now. I'm safe now."

"I'm sorry, but you're right. You're safe. Now, you have to meet Victoria. Victoria!" He called.

"Umm, Craven-" Jace said.

Craven scoffed. "Would it hurt to call me dad, Jace?"

"Dad?" I asked and looked towards Jace.

He looked at me. "Yes....dad...."

"I smell a Fairy!" Someone shouted, and suddenly I was held up against a wall by my neck, struggling to breathe. "Lovely..."