Chp7: The Wars

ROSE'S POV

"Victoria! No!" Craven shouted, and right before she bit me, she stopped and dropped me.

"Why is she here if I can't even eat her!" She yelled and flung her hands everywhere.

"Victoria, enough." Craven said. "This is Rose."

"Oh my- I'm so sorry!" she exclaimed,her voice suddenly changing from strong to sweet. "I didn't know!" She helped me up and hugged me. "I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay..." I whispered and hugged her back.

"Get off of her, mother." Jace pulled us apart and wrapped his arms around my waist, my back to his front. Unusual...

"I said I was sorry, Jace-"

"Stop, we just need to discuss a lot over dinner. Wouldn't that be nice?" He asked.

Victoria opened her mouth to say something then closed it and nodded her head humming.

-

We were in the small dining hall, sitting at the rectangular table. Craven and Victoria at both ends, me on one side and Jace and Aiden on the other side. After we all ate some food and settled down, all the questions were asked and answered.

"Did y'all start the war between Vampires and Fairy?" Jace immediately asked his mother.

"No, the Werewolves started that shit. We had to take responsibility for it though and the other Vampires followed along, acting like we started it because Fairies and Werewolves had an alliance. Had the, let's say Fae for short, found out that the wolves broke the alliance, war would've broken out between them and we all know that the Witches would've intervened and banished all Fae and Werewolves. We couldn't have that because then the world wouldn't be in balance anymore. So, the Vampires acted like we did, and we killed many Fae, but mostly the ones that deserved it. You know, murderers, rapist, felons. I admit we did get out of hand, killing far more then we meant, plenty of Vampires got out of hand and after we finally got them to stop killing the Fae, it was to late. The world is out of balance, and being the King and Queen of the ones that made it that way, we took the blame." Victoria said and scoffed. "Damned wolves."

"If anything, we tried to stop the war. We warned the Werewolves what would've happened, and they didn't care. I went all over trying to save as many Fae as I could with a group of men that didn't believe in killing the ones that didn't deserve it. That's why I saved Rose, or she would've died sooner." Craven said.

"Can I intervene?" Aiden said.

"Yes, what is your question?" I asked thinking of my own. If Craven said he went and tried to save as many Fairies as he could, then that means I'm not the only one alive. My family could be alive. I'll asked Craven later in privacy.

"I thought there weren't any Witches left by that time. Werewolves also tried to kill them." Aiden asked, his elbows on the table, crossing his fingers and putting his chin on top of them, looking interested.

Craven smiled. "Witches are all over the place. They've hid themselves very well, with our help to. There's at least 2 in each American state and at least 200 across the seas."

"What! That's insane! There were like 10 left after the war!" Jace exclaimed.

"Can someone explain to me all the wars?" I asked completely clueless.

"Excuse us," Craven said, "we've been completely oblivious to you. We thought you knew."

I laughed. "Well I don't so explain." I motioned out with my hands to them.

"Right, well there have been wars between everything." Aiden started off. "There are also many races to start wars with. Witches & Warlocks, Humans & Hunters, Demons & Imps, Fae & Mermaids, and most importantly Vampires & Werewolves. There have only been wars between Witches and Werewolves, Fae and Werewolves/Vampires, Fae and Witches, and Hunters and Humans. Hunter and Humans, once they realized neither of them had any special abilities, like Fae and Vampires, they joined forces. There war was quick. It was called The One Day War.

"Witches and Werewolves, they fought, and once the Werewolves realized that they were losing, they proposed a treaty saying that both sides give up and make peace. Witches didn't like that, they won fair and square, so they fought again, then the wolves realized their mistake, but didn't change it. When there were about 500 wolves left, they gave up, surrendered saying they lost to much. They changed the paper saying that the wolves give and want peace, thus peace, mostly, between Witches and Werewolves. That war was The Difference.

"Then they had another falling out, and Werewolves got the best of the Witches, and it was said they all died, but apparently they didn't." Aiden said and smiled. "Do you know if Christina was one of the ones that survived?"

"She was the one who came up with the plan to keep them alive." Craven smiled. "She knew you knew she was and still is alive, but she wants to keep hidden until- I don't even know. She said something big is going to happen, and until it does, she's going to keep hidden." He threw his hands up in despair.

"What the hell does that mean?" Aiden asked and pulled a little bit of his hair.

"Good question, but let's not get off topic. Finish telling Rose about the wars."

"Right. Okay, Hunters & Humans, Witches & Werewloves, Fae and Witches! Okay, so, basically what happened was a Fae and a Witch were married, the Fae being the husband and the Witch being the wife. The only problem was that it was forbidden due to both having magical properties and the child, well no one knows what the child would've been like. Both extremely strong races giving birth to a stronger hybrid. Everyone was skeptical. Someone people didn't like the idea, the other Witches, and they took action. They killed the wife. The husband went crazy and kidnapped some of them, torturing them, and when others found out, it started the Hybrid Hunt. The child did survive, but a few select people know that. That child...no one knows who it is, only that she survived.

"So it's a girl?" I asked.

"Yes. The war ended many years ago, about 20 to 25 years ago and the child, as far as I know, is still missing."

"So she could be alive?"

"Indeed, that is if she was able to survive on her own."

"What're your thoughts on that, Craven?" Victoria asked him.

We all looked towards him, at the head of the table, and he was looking at me. "There's one more war. Fae and Werewolves and Vampires. Werewolves tried to kill the Fae, simple as that. Then some of the more powerful Fae wanted to take over, and the wolves ran away with their tails between their legs, to us. They said the Fae were coming to kill us all, and we didn't believe them. Others did, and took over and killed many Fae without our permission, and I tried to save as many as I could. Your parents and brother are dead. I wasn't able to save them unfortunately, but I was about to save you at the last second.

"Many innocent Fae were killed, but many survived and are still alive today. Only one person knows where they are though, and that person is Christina." Craven looked at Aiden.

He sighed and looked down. "My beautiful Christina, please come back to me." He whispered.