Chapter 10

Chapter Ten,
What does he mean to me?

This is only the beginning of our story, we have yet to travel to the climax. Is there even an end to this tale? Just what will happen to the dear Accalia and those dear to her? Will they vanish from her side? Perhaps they will die? Or maybe they'll fall in love... My, my I can't wait to this how this ends. That is, before I interfere...
- A future character (aka villain).

Caden's POV

My eyes shot open and I looked around slowly. Geese it was only a dream... Thank goodness. I looked over at the night stand and saw the cake was still there, so I slowly reached it. When I picked it up, I practically ran over to my balcony after quietly opening the glass doors. Without thinking I dropped it over the edge and heard a sudden yell. Oh, whoops! my thoughts echoed and I felt like laughing but I also felt bad, and so I leaned over the edge to look over. When I did I started to burst into laughter, standing below was Gabriel covered in chocolate from head to toe. He looked up at me slightly shocked at first but that shock soon turned into laughter. I thought so... He was avoiding me at first cause he was ashamed of what he did. That's why she came alone when I expected Gabriel to come. Gabriel my friend, you are too easy to read sometimes. Perhaps that's why we remain friends, for you I know will never betray me. My thoughts echoed in my mind and I sighed after we finished laughing. "Caden! I'll come see you later after I get cleaned up, I want to tell you something" Gabriel said and I smiled. "I know Gabriel, you want to apologize for earlier. It's fine though, I forgive you because you are my friend and that's what friends do" I told him and he smiled softly. Though I was far away I could tell there were tears in his eyes, I bowed my head slightly as a farewell signaling he could leave. He bent down on one knee and bowed before me and then stood up and walked away.

 He bent down on one knee and bowed before me and then stood up and walked away

(^ yeah I know it doesn't look like him, but I tried. It's really hard to find pictures I like to match the character's scene. Gabriel looks a little older than shown in the gif.)

I turned away from the balcony and walked back inside, locking the glass doors behind me. I slowly walked over to Zera who was sleeping peacefully, but I stopped at the near edge of the bed when I saw she wore something on her neck. I reached for it and gently grabbed it, and proceeded to pull it off her neck. When I stepped away and looked down at it I saw it was made of Silver. I turned it over and my eyes widened at the name I saw, 'Nicholas' was engraved in the pendant. Shock and anger seemed to consume me and before I knew it my eyes began to glow red. I felt tears trying to escape my eyes, but I clenched down hard with my teeth in a effort to stop them. I fought it off, the memories, the pain, and the thought of her having this. The pain I went through all those years ago, I can not let go of it and no matter how hard I try I fail.