Epilogue

Parking lot of La Grande Vallée Psychiatric Hospital in Rochefort en Terre, France on 1 July, 2016, 10:47 A.M.

I walked out of the building, unsure about where to go. The sight of cars and trees and feeling actual vitamin D was a nice change as well.

"Want a ride?" Belle asked from beside me and I nodded. I got in the passenger seat and a small smile unconsciously went up my face.

"I just can't believe I'm free from there." I whispered, shaking my head.

"Yeah, I'm so happy for you." Belle said sincerely as she started the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

"Do you know where this is?" I asked, showing her the address on the back of the card I was given.

She let out a small laugh,"Yes, I most definitely do." She told me as she pulled out of the parking lot. The car was filled with music that I found myself quietly humming along to after a while.

Twenty minutes later we arrived at the large place. Surprisingly there were still security all there."Name?" The man at the gate asked.

"Adam Bruskin." I said leaning over so he could see me. The guard didn't hide his surprise, but still quickly let us through.

"Want to come in?" I asked once she parked the car.

"I don't want to intrude. I think you may need some time to get use to everything again. I'm sure a lot has changed since you've been here." She said lightly squeezing my hand.

"Just for some tea or something? I'm not ready to be alone again." I said while watching her hesitate to answer.

"I guess that's fine." She told me and I smiled at her. I quickly got out of her car and went to her side, opening the door.

"Merci, Monsieur." She said with her own light smile. I nodded my head as a notice to her thank you. We got to my door and before I could even put the key in it opened.

There stood a woman with a long black and white gown that was clearly made for a maid."Oh!" She said jumping in surprise. She set the garbage bag to the side and held out her arm."Please both of you come in. I'm sorry the place is a bit of a mess, but it's a pleasure for you to join us. I'm Mrs. Potts." The old woman said politely, holding out her hand. I shook it her petite hand, as did Belle.

"Maybe I should go, Adam. It looks a bit busy here." Belle said quietly.

"Oh, no, please feel free to stay! Guests are always welcome." Mrs. Potts said just as a head poked in over the wall to the other room.

"Guests you say?"He said smirking and Mrs. Potts only rolled her eyes.

"He loves welcoming guests." She whispered to us as she placed her hands on her waist.

The man held out his hand,"Bonjour, Madame et Monsieur."

"Hello." Belle said politely, once again shaking another person's hand.

"Now come along you two." He said excited to show us the place."Be our guest." He insisted.

"Yes, Belle, be our guest." I said and she let out a small laugh, her smile as bright as the sun.

"Promise me you'll stay with me." I said stopping suddenly, ignoring the man talking away.

"What?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Stay with me. Be my beauty and I'll be your beast." I said grabbing her hands.

"What about Gaston? You don't think they'll be problems with him?" She asked curiously.

"Problems? Definitely not, he'll be too embarrassed to face me because I know the truth of our parents will." I said.

"Well then, Beauty and the beast, you say? I think I like the sound of that." She said with a giggle.

"Beauty and the Beast it is then." I said before pressing my lips to hers, signaling my promise to spend my life with her.

And that promise I did keep.