Chapter 4

Rachel's POV

I woke up early the next morning because of my excitement about participating in the games. I readied my self for the battles and headed to the arena. I was the first one of my team to arrive. Because of how early I was I decided to explore the arena. I was walking down one of the hallways when I saw the pumpkin headed man, Mato, freaking out.

"Good morning Mato! Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Oh! Good morning Ms. Dreyar. I apologize for my frantic state, our opening act canceled on us this morning because he has the flu and we don't have anyone to replace him..." Mato  trailed off.

"I could do it if you want." I offered.

"Really?! PUMPKIN!"

I giggled , " Yes, I'd love to!"

"Great! You will preform after all of the participating guilds are announced, speaking of which you should probably get going. Oh! I almost forgot, what will you be doing for the performance?" Mato asked.

"I'll sing if that's alright with you." I responded.

Mato looked uneasy but nodded and left. I smiled as I headed to where the guild was supposed to meet. I looked forward to showing the world what I could do.

~ Time skip the the announcement of the guilds~

"Hey, Rachel! Where have you been?" Nastu asked.

"Taking care of some business, are you guys ready for the games?" I asked.

My teammates cheered as we finished reading ourselves to be announced. I could hear Chapati pumping up the crowd for us. I soon heard him call out , "In eighth place, FAIRY TAIL!"

I looked at my team with a pleading look, earning confused looks from Nastu, Lucy, and Gray.
Erza only nodded and said, "Go ahead and do a trick Rachel." Erza was the only one besides Laxus who knew I loved to do tricks in front of people.

A cheezy smile spread across my face as I sprinted forward. Once I was out in the open, I proceeded to do three flips before launching myself into the air doing a quadruple summersault and landing in the splits. This earned enormous cheers from Fairy Tail, but it was not enough to please the disapproving crowd. I flipped backwards and saw the rest of my team standing there in awe.

"Sorry guys. I got a little carried away." I say sheepishly.

"Don't be that was amazing!" Lucy bubbled. I continued to chat with Lucy, ignoring the announcer, until I heard someone calk out.

"Well if it isn't one of my fellow wizard saints! Hello Rachel!"

I turned around and saw...

"JURA!!!" I screeched as I ran up and hugged him. "How are you?"

"I'm doing fine." He responded.

I opened my mouth to say something when Nastu yelled at me.

"Oops! I better go, great seeing you Jura!" I said as I ran back to my team. I apologized to them and promised to stay put.

Chapati continued to announce the teams. "In second place... FAIRY TAIL TEAM B?!"

Everyone screeched 'what' while I sat there dumbfounded. I then heard gramps cackling and turned to him." HAHAHA! That's Fairy Tail for ya! MUAHAHAHA!"

I hung my head in embarrassment and focus in readying myself for the performance. Chapati tells everyone to head up to our designated waiting area. I then whisper to Erza that I'll catch up with them in a minute and walk to the center of the ring as a stage pops up in the center.

"Before we begin the actual games, we have organized a little show for the viewers!" Chapati says. I jump into the stage and grab the microphone as the music begins to play. I immediately heard my grandfather and Laxus cheering as they realized what I was going to do. It made me smile.

*play music*

(I'm an angel with a shotgun, shotgun, shotgun
An angel with a shotgun, shotgun, shotgun)

Get out your guns, battles begun
Are you a saint, or a sinner?
If loves a fight, than I shall die
With my heart on a trigger

They say before you start a war
You better know what you're fighting for
Well baby, you are all that I adore
If love is what you need, a soldier I will be

I'm an angel with a shotgun
Fighting til' the wars won
I don't care if heaven won't take me back
I'll throw away my faith, babe, just to keep you safe
Don't you know you're everything I have?
And I, wanna live, not just survive, tonight

Sometimes to win, you've got to sin
Don't mean I'm not a believer
And major Tom, will sing along
Yeah, they still say I'm a dreamer

They say before you start a war
You better know what you're fighting for
Well baby, you are all that I adore
If love is what you need, a soldier I will be

I'm an angel with a shotgun
Fighting til' the wars won
I don't care if heaven won't take me back
I'll throw away my faith, babe, just to keep you safe
Don't you know you're everything I have?
And I, wanna live, not just survive, tonight

Oh, oh whoa whoa oh whoa

I used my magic to create frozen angel wings while I sang.

I'm an angel with a shotgun
Fighting til' the wars won
I don't care if heaven won't take me back

I'm an angel with a shotgun
Fighting til' the wars won
I don't care if heaven won't take me back
I'll throw away my faith, babe, just to keep you safe
Don't you know you're everything I have?
(I'm an angel with a shotgun)
And I, want to live, not just survive, tonight
(Live, not just survive)

And I'm gonna hide, hide, hide my wings tonight

I extend my arm and snatch it back shattering my frozen angel wings.

They say before you start a war
You better know what you're fighting for
Well baby, you are all that I adore
If love is what you need, a soldier I will be

The stadium erupts with cheers as I leave smiling and walk to my team. As I walk away I can feel his eyes on me, making my smile even bigger.

I reach my team and hear Chapati say, " Let the first day of the Grand Magic Games COMMENCE!!! "

yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy! Chapter 4 done!!! Vote, like, comment! Bai!