Chapter 5

“Hey Brad really funny! I'm really glad you learned how to come out of the closet!” I yelled at them and that made them stop.

“Hey Tourettes, who is your little friend?!” He pointed towards Jesse.

“Oh just a friend of mine.” I smiled, trying to hide my hurt. I wonder if it was working.

“Oh yeah like friends with benefits? Did you ride on his disco stick too?” He smirked staring at me and smiling.

“Hah nope. Hey did you tell your friends about when you got choked out by a girl with tourettes?!” I watched as he sank back into his seat and became very quiet. Now all eyes were turned on him. I stood up clicking my fork against my glass.

“Hey you guys, most of you guys im sure know Brad?” I watched them all nod. “Well how many of you like bullies?” None of them spoke up or rose their hand. “Well Brad here likes to make fun of me. I have Tourettes Syndrome, it is a severe disorder that allows me to speak or yell and sometimes even act improper. Sometimes I can control it and other times I cant. So please tell your big bad boy sitting over there to mind his manners and to keep his mind shut. Thank you and that is all.”

The whole restaurant was quiet when I sat down my food was already there on the table and Jesse was wide eyed and looking at me. When I twitched one person stood to their feet and started clapping. Others started to stand along with him and it made me smile. Soon the whole place was filled with clappter. Everyone was clapping but Brad, he sat there cheeks red like an apple and his arms crossed.

I smiled at him making a cheers towards him. After everyone settled down I started to eat my food. I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. I couldn’t stand the way that he was looking at me.

“Nala? Are you okay? Do you want to leave?” I looked at Jesse nodding folding my napkin and placing it on my plate.

“Can we stop by the store after we leave here?” I watched him nod.

When we got up I watched as Lisa dreaded my leaving as I walked out. It felt like I was walking out on her and I could tell that was how she felt too.

When we got to the car Jesse stopped me, surprising the hell out of me he hugged me. I have known the guy for about an hour now and he already had his hands all over me. I actually felt pretty comfortable. After he let me go I wasn’t sure if I wanted him to let go. He lifted my head in his hands looking me in the eyes.

“I hope they didn’t ruin anything.” He spoke softly to me sending chills down my spine. His eyes were a dark blue that enchanted my soul to the core and I couldn’t but get lost. That and twitch a little. Damn tourettes.

“No I am completely fine, I have dealt with punks like him before.” He laughed stopping me as I fidgeted to get into my car. He was making me so nervous.

“Whats it like?” He looked at me, curiosity crossing his face as he asked the question.

“Whats what like? Tourettes? Bullying?” I looked down at my shoes, clicking the heels together.

“Both.”

“Well tourettes sucks and bullying makes it worse. How would you feel if you couldn’t control your own answers and well everyone else around you thought you were a freak?”

“I would feel pretty bad actually.”

I nodded shrugging him off and getting into my car as quick as I could. What an awkward moment between me and him.

When he got in the car I got out of the parking lot quickly. “Where am I taking you?” He shrugged. I looked at him with a questioning look. “Well where do you usually sleep?”