Thirteen

Around 11:00 the next morning I woke up, Ken was already gone for work so I was here alone. I laid in bed for a couple more minutes before I decided to get up and shower. While in the shower, I was thinking on the last time I received my menstrual cycle. I didn't have a regular cycle but it's been about two months and I didn't have any signs of PMS. I shrugged it off, it'll come when it wants to come.

I got out the shower, and dressed myself. I looked at myself in the mirror and wasn't satisfied with what looked back. I touched my discolored, blotched face and moved to my round nose, trailing down to my big red lips, I pulled on the bottom lip a bit and let it pull back in place. I used both my hands and pulled open my eyelids with my fingertips, letting go. I pulled the band from my wet hair and let the course curls fall free coming to neck length. Why can't I just be pretty? I thought to myself pulling the band on my wrist frowning.

I huffed, cutting off the lights in the bathroom and went back into the room, packing up my stuff. I knew what time Ken usually got home, so before that I needed to leave. I cleaned up after myself by making up the bed and stuff.
I got all of my stuff situated and sat down on the bed out of breathe. What the hell was wrong with me? I went in the kitchen and grabbed a sheet of paper and a pen from the counter writing a letter to Ken.

Dear Kenneth,

Hey, I just wanted to say thank you so much for everything that you've done for me, it really meant a lot. It's actually crazy how you took me in and you didn't even know me. It shows that you are such a kind hearted and gorgeous man on the inside, and well... the outside also. I also wanted to say sorry for the outburst the other night.
Um, will we see each other again? I don't know, we'll see what fate has in store. I didn't mean to say good bye like this but I didn't have the courage to do this in person, sadly.
I hope life treats you well, and thanks once again.