Chapter 1:Arrival of Dewkit

A yowl of agony echoed in Medicine cat den.Cherryfoot yelped in pain,She felt her kits coming."Some cat get me a stick!A Thick one!"Snowberry meowed.

In few heartbeats,Brightpaw dropped a thick slim stick."Thank you!Okay Cherryfoot,Bite on this.And push when I say three!"Snowberry spoke as she pushed stick towards Cherryfoot.

Cherryfoot bit the stick,She winced with agony."one..two..Three!"Snowberry counted.Cherryfoot put all of energy for her kits."A gray tom!"Snowberry purred."Push again!"A small yellow kit came out,"A she kit!"Snowberry said.

"Congratulations!You have two healthy kits!"Snowberry purred with delight.She shoved a herb in front of queen."Borage,This will supply your milk for your kits."Snowberry spoke.Snowberrt pushed her way out of den.

"Sharpfang,Your mate is fine and so are kits!Go and see them"Snowberry said.Sharpfang nodded and immediately dashed into den.

"Oh Cherryfoot!They are beautiful!"Sharpfang mewed."Yes,Sharpfang,I know."Cherryfoot spoke in gentle tone."Let's name the tom,Dewkit for his fur.And Softkit for her soft pelt."Sharpfang bounced and nodded in agreement.

"Dewkit and Softkit!"Sharpfang and Cherryfoot spoke.Cherryfoot carried her two kits and entering the nursery."New kits to play with!"Brackenkit squeaked."Yes,but wait until they are a moon older"Paledawn purred with exhaustion.

Cherryfoot curled up in her nest,She looked at her kits as sleep washed over her.