Chapter 3

As Gray walked around town, he felt like crap. He couldn't get it together. Why had he waited so long to do something? She could be with him and not with Lyon. He had to admit that Lyon won.

Too focused in his thoughts, Gray ran into someone. He and the other fell to the ground.

"Watch it!" a horribly familiar voice hissed. Gray looked up to see the boasting face of Lyon. Anger consumed him and he couldn't think straight as he got up. "Oh, it's you." Lyon said as he also stood. Lyon gave a cocky smirk and added, "Have you seen Juvia?"

Next thing Gray knew, he punched him in the face. Lyon, not expecting that, fell to the ground again. Onlookers stopped to watch.

"What the heck, Gray?" Lyon yelled. Gray didn't answer at first.

"Don't mention her in front of me."

Gray walked off trying to get away from people. As much as he wanted to go and beat Lyon into next month, he had to keep his composure. He couldn't think straight. What was going on with him. No wonder Juvia gave up on him.

That thought stuck in his head. Did she really give up? She had acted the same when he saw her. It was toned down a little, but she was still trying, right? Maybe he should head back to the guild and admit his feelings for her. No, not at the guild, he couldn't do it in front of people.

Gray had a plan ready in his mind and he was ready to pull it off. First he needed to make sure she would be there.

➖➖➖➖

Gray waited patiently at Fairy Hills. Sometime Juvia would come here and he could get her alone.

About 30 minutes later, she came up the hill with Lucy holding her up. She was crying. It was hard to tell, because she hid her face in her arms that were clinging to Lucy. But Gray saw how her body shuddered and could her small noises coming from her. When Lucy saw Gray, she stopped causing Juvia to look up to see what was wrong.

Gray walked over and Juvia stared at him.

"I got her, Lucy, you go back." He spoke, trying to sound like he didn't know why she was crying.  Lucy handed her over and left without a word, but she did look back to check before she was out of view.

Gray started to pull Juvia away from Fairy Hills, and walked toward his house. Juvia kept silent and didn't protest. Her crying stopped but she still had some tears run down her face.

When they finally made it to his house, gray pulled her in and sat her on the couch. He went to close the door, neither of them talking. 

Gray sat down in a chair next to the couch Juvia was at. She was calmed down enough to sit up and wipe her tears.

Gray decided to speak first, "Were you crying because of me?" It seemed like a bad thing to say at that time, but it was all he could think of.

"Is Gray-sama mad at Juvia? Gray seemed mad at her." Juvia spoke with a broken voice, that did horrible things to his heart.

"No, I'm not mad at you, I was just..." Gray thought it's now or never, "Jealous. I didn't like the Idea of you and Lyon being together. I-I really like you Juvia." He couldn't say love, he didn't know if it was yet.

Juvia was quiet. This wasn't what he thought would happen. He expected squealing and her jumping onto him, not silence. He looked over to her and she stared back, like she was deciding if this was her imagination or real. 

Suddenly, Juvia Stood up and did exactly what he was expecting. She looked so happy and finally said, "Gajeel-san's plan worked!"

"Huh?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

Okay. The next chapter is finally out. Just one more to go! Thanks for reading!

-AwesomelyWeirdGirl