2 | Trapped

ROCHELLE

Tears flowed from eyes as I sat in the corner of the dark bedroom, isolating myself. I made no move to wipe them as I kept my hands tucked underneath my knees.

My mother always taught me to let your emotions go or they can consume you.

Mom.

A sob ripped out of my throat as I thought about her. She was a kind nurturing woman along with the rest of my family. She always knew how to bring a bright smile on people's faces and could light up an entire room. I missed her so much.

Footsteps started making their way to the door and instantly, I started wiping my tears. I refused to show any weakness, especially to someone as revolting as him. My body began to tingle and I gulped as I was no longer in control of my actions. My legs ran to the mirror and my hands prepped myself. My brown hair fell to my shoulders in waves, but I put it up in a ponytail because it's always a frizzy mess. I put on a bit of makeup and looked into the mirror. All you can see is a bit of red in my eyes but besides that, I look great.

I knew he always wanted me "at my best". Of course, I had to satisfy his every need.

I went by the door and waited for him eagerly. I rolled my eyes at my submissive and clingy actions. A wave of disgust went through me.

I hated this. I hated that I was forced to be here. I hated the need to satisfy him. I hated that I craved his touch. I hated that I need him.

I hated him.

I know that hate is a strong word, but the way he has disrespected me and our customs, it's impossible for me not to feel hatred for him.

It wasn't supposed to be like this. For the Somnia, it wasn't supposed to be forced. Our choices and fate would lead us to our happy endings- including mine. Not kidnapped in the middle of the night and forced to be a trophy for our world to see. Soulmates aren't forced.

You are probably wondering what the heck I'm talking about.

It's hard to describe such a wonderful gift that everyone wishes to have. Soulmates are our other halves, the other pieces of our soul to make us complete. A lot of people eventually find their soulmates during their lifetimes, while others just settle down with another person. Usually, that ends disastrously so we wait. By we, I mean my people, the Somnia.

You read this right.

I am Rochelle Smith, daughter of the leader of the Somnian people. Our people live in secret, unknown to the outside world.

I'm interrupted from my thoughts when a voice registered into my ears.

"Hey babe, might I say you look sexy as hell." A sultry voice purred. A shiver of disgust and happiness ran through my body, the emotions twisting my stomach.

Is this how butterflies are supposed to feel like in your stomach?

I stared at him, bored.

Derrick Thompson.

I started panicking and wanted to back away, but I can't. My body won't let me. Sensing my distress, Derrick grabs my hand, sending a calming sensation down my arm. He hugged me to him, bringing me as close as he can without suffocating me. My arms wrap around him to their own accord, pulling him closer.

Without hesitating, Derrick leans down and crashes his lips against mine. My mind is screaming at me to stop, but my lips move on their own. Sparks explode through the kiss and I let out a moan. Derrick sucks on my bottom lip, asking for entrance that I grant him almost immediately. He shoves his tongue into my mouth and lets out a loud groan.

As amazing as this kiss is, it isn't right. I felt my heart ripping to pieces because of this man. With all the strength I could muster, I pushed him back into the wall and scampered to the bed.

"Get. The. Hell. Away. From. Me." I panted, trying to get some air into my lungs.

The bastard smirked and narrowed his eyes at me.

"What? Cat got your tongue? Babe, you belong to me now. You might as well stop fighting it and just give me everything you got." he said with a wolfish grin, his eyes hungry and scanning my body. Every second I felt myself feel more like prey.

I was repulsed. No way in hell was I letting that happen. He was my first in everything. My first kiss, my first "date", and my first serious "boyfriend".

The one thing that he didn't get was my virginity. I utterly refused and cried whenever he mentioned it. No matter how much he talked and lusted over the idea, he can't force me. He is just as trapped as I am in this bond. He can't physically harm me without hurting himself.

"Well that's not happening," I said through gritted teeth. Derrick let out a pout but left the topic alone. Thank goodness.

"Anyway babe, I know that we just moved and all for your safety-" I cut him off with sarcastic laughter.

"Safety?!? HA! We all know we move around so my family can't find me you little piece of-"

"There's a concert at a club that we are going to tomorrow night. You know, to meet the humans. We need to blend in before people start getting suspicious." Derrick said with a stern look. I know that look. It's the 'you are going to do as I say, whether you like it or not' look.

I just stared at him. A club. Really?

"Alright." I sighed. It's not like I can put up a fight anyway.

Derrick smirked and walked out of the bedroom. No goodbye. No 'see you later'. Just walked out.

This man is not meant to be with me. He's not my happy ending. If I was a princess, he would be the dragon that locked me in the tower.

I looked out the window and stared at the yard. The yard is connected to the woods and you can see the trees and a stream flowing through.

I let a tear trail down my cheek.

Someone, please save me from this place.

****************************************
First book so sorry about grammar and maybe a poor plot in the future. If you don't like it, don't read it! Thanks!