Brendon Urie; Runaways Pt.2

Several Years Later
Brendon and I are back in Vegas, visiting his parents and celebrating his birthday. We're engaged and getting married in two months. It's going to be weird not having my family there, except my cousin. He's walking me down the aisle. My cousin, Jamie, was the only one I kept in touch with. We're very close and his parents, who are incredibly religious, kicked him out. So we have 'no connection with our parents' in common, just under different circumstances.

Tonight, Brendon and I are at the bar, where Panic! performed one of their first ever shows. It's changed a lot, and so has the band. Considering it's basically just Brendon. It's a great night, just like any other night with Brendon when he's home off tour. Brendon disappears off to the toilet and I feel someone tap my shoulder.

"Y/N..." It's almost whispered. I turn and see my dad. After nearly 9 years. I don't know what to say.

"Dad. What a...surprise." I mumble awkwardly, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Yeah, it really is. Thought I'd never see you again, after you ran away leaving only a letter behind." He sighs bitterly as he takes a swig of his beer. All this time and he still loves to drink.

"Hey babe, who's this?" Brendon questions as he returns and wraps an arm around my shoulders. I take a deep breath. This is going to be painfully awkward.

"Brendon, this is my dad," I see his face immediately fall. "Dad, this is my fiancé, Brendon." My dads jaw tenses and flames of anger illuminate his eyes.

"You're getting married! And you didn't think to try and get back in touch with us. Of course you didn't; you were always the stupid daughter."

"And you wonder why I didn't try and get back in touch! I was sick of being treated like shit simply for existing; that's why I ran away with Brendon in the first place." I retaliate, rubbing my temples.

"It's bad enough that you ran away. But to learn, 9 years later, that you ran away with some douchebag with a five-head." He's just being immature now. There's no reason to bring Brendon into this.

"Hold on, it w-" Brendon starts but I cut him off.

"B, this is my fight," I take a breath and compose myself. "You can insult me and blame it on him all you want. It was completely my choice. And don't try to play the victim. I suggest, you stay out of my life and I stay out of yours." I finish and grab my jacket before storming out, Brendon following close behind. I speed walk away and Brendon struggles to keep up.

"Y/N, stop," Brendon calls and I halt as he comes to face me. "That took some guts. I'm really proud of you. If that was my dad I would've done much worse things; you handled that really well." He slinks his arm around my waist and tentatively kisses my cheek.

"Thanks. God, I'm so tense." I say as I rub my eyes and relax into his shoulder.

"I can fix that once we get home." He says with a smirk and a wink. Perhaps this night won't end as bad as I thought ten minutes ago.